WY #30 elk

Salmon

I have a buddy who drew this tag, his first out of state elk tag. I plan to help out on this hunt with him. We are looking for anyone who has hunted this unit that would be willing to share any ideas about areas to start looking at. In the past other MM members have helped me on other hunts and help this will happen again. Thank you in advance for any info.

I think thats the aspen mtn tag. Ive never hunted it but know lots of people that have. That place is known for good bulls. Sometimes they can be a bit hard to find. I know people that have killed big toad bulls out there and people that have killed little bulls and people that have ate their tag. I think thats a pretty high quality tag, congrats! Ive heard that those elk out there just make huge circles in all those areas. You might could hunt a spot all season and not see much for elk and then one day there will be a ton of elk there. Those elk travel a bunch. Just hunt hard and have fun and you should see some bulls.

I hunted that area for cow elk in I think 2007, and bull elk in 2009 and deer in 2011. I think that area is going down hill. If it were me I would spend a few days 5-7 just before season scouting and to get a feel for a reasonable expectation of what to drop the hammer on and what to pass. It will be a fun hunt but I wouldn't expect a monster.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom