WY Antelope in the Snow!!

oregonmuley

Very Active Member
I posteed this on the antelope forum also.

Anyway, here are a couple pics of my 09' buck I got on Wednesday in Central Wyoming. I hunted this unit last year and toughed it out on the public but this year I did pay a trespass fee - not much and thought it was well worth it.

What was supposed to be 3-4 clear days of weather turned into 1 day and then more snow!!

Well, I found this buck first thing with another one maybe a little taller, but I liked this guys mass. He's just barely 14 inches tall, but 1st and 2nd mass measurements are 7 2/8 inches and 7 1/8 inches, plus 5 1/2 inch prongs and just a little ivory on the tips - my best buck to date and I'm happy with him. Made my longest shot ever on him, lazered at 307 yards, 1 shot with my new 7mm-08 and down he went. Not a perfect shot due to the wind but I took out his spine kind of far back and that did it.

Anyway, maybe next year if I can go again I may have to try and find a 15 incher, but for a solo trip this isn't bad:)

4acfac3c3fc3bc61.jpg

4acfac6040b85234.jpg

Did an antelope hunt in the snow last year in unit 59. Almost killed me and my wife twice, almost got impossibly stuck twice, and had a mountain lion run out of the sage brush and grab my antelope buck by the throat right after I shot it.
Believe it or not.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom