WY Antelope, Who Drew?

Drew a area 93 type 1 but like cowslayer, I didn't get the doe tag. Is the harsh winter the reason for that?

YEEEHAW!! Wyoming here I come!

I didn't draw, but didn't plan to. I drew the first year Wyo started with points. Now I have two points and I will put in for pricey fee tag next year, thinking I should draw my unit.

Partner drew 98-1 tag.Should be a hoot. It's his first antelope tag and he is chomping at the bit. I just checked for him and let him know on the phone. It's going to be a busy fall. Can't wait. Good luck guys.

Hey ForkWest, did you have max points and apply with the pricier choice? That unit is one of the best they say, but I don't think I'll catch up being a point behind.

Wife and daughter drew unit 61, same unit that I drew last year. They had max. pts., will be the wifes third antelope tag and the daughters first. Should be fun

cabuck

one buck antelope and two doe tags for 32 to go along with my 07 elk tag time to do the back strap boogie!!!!!
earnhardt-3-logo.gif

LAST EDITED ON Jun-26-08 AT 09:26AM (MST)[p]61 is a great tag. How did your hunt go last year? Two tags in the family this year ehh, that is what I call an awesome "family" vacation. Good luck.

My daughters and I drew our antelope tags. Unit 80-1 for my older daughter and myself and Unit 80-6 for my younger daughter. I've had my eye on this area for a while now, 80 or 78. I tried for Red Desert for a couple of years but the draw odds stink. When my younger daughter passed her hunter safety course this spring she said, "Dad I want to go to WY and hunt antelope". I thought we had a chance of drawing these buck tags with 2 points and my younger daughter had a chance for a doe tag. I haven't hunted this unit before, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. PM me if you'd rather.

Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

No luck for my father-in law and me. 2pts and didnt draw. Good luck to everyone that drew

WW0801

NOT a thing for either of us this year, so back to WYO for an OTC Bull Elk tag this fall.

Brian

P.S. D13r, don't get mad get even, sabotage Ransoms hunts. LOL

Area 48 antelope with no points here! Region D deer as well. October can't come quick enough...

Steve

Unit 61 for my son and Unit 48 for me.

No deer for us, so just more points there.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

Me(16) my sister (12) drew this year. This is my second year in a row and my sisters first big game hunt ever. I can't wait to do it again. This is the buck I shot last year.

P1010086.jpg

Me and three buddies drew unit 57-1 buck tags, no doe tags. Add to this a NM rifle antelope tag and a NM first rifle elk tag (21-A) and the fact that I am still in for Montana antelope and Iowa archery deer and I am glad I have 6 weeks vacation. I was really hoping to get unlucky in those last two draws and hope someone else can draw them and get to enjoy the fall as well. I have plenty of time to go, but no need to be greedy. Good Luck to all who drew !!!!

IdahoBugler,

I assume Moosie drew also?

Congrats WARBIRDUM.

You too AWLB family!

I am doing points this year:-(

I drew 58. I hope the winter did not kill them all off. Anyone heard or have seen how they made out?
Don

My last couple trips ,I hve bought leftover tags,and this year will do the same.The area I hunt has always had leftovers.

I drew wyoming 107 muzz. only. Trying to get a little info. on the unit, anything will be appreciated. Thank,

I drew my 3rd choice! So bummed. Unit 30 type 1. Never been there, whats worse is the fact that its predomenantly private land. First choice was 62, then 48, just dont know if its worth the drive from Nevada. Anybody got any tips or suggestions? Walk in Areas and so forth???

Rodzilla, I'm in the same boat as you. I drew my third choice in unit 56 which is also predominantly private. I'm also wondering if it's worth the gas to make the trip to Wyoming. I put in for close to 40 hunts this year and only drew this tag so I'm really hoping I can find a small chunk on pubic land somewhere on the unit. Good luck If you decide to make the trip.

Myself and two buddies drew area 72.

"Easy now, keep the croshairs right behind his shoulder & squeeze the trigger"

Just to give you a heads up on the private land option. Most of the landowners are great to work with and will let you hunt their land. However, you need to decide where you are going and call the LO's ASAP. Most charge an average of $100 a gun and only allow a certain number of hunters on there per season and usually one hunter at a time. We do it almost every year now. It has been great to take kids because there is no competition and the bucks are plentiful. IMO, well worth the $100!

It's always an adventure!!!
www.awholelottabull.com

Zilla, A friend hunted 30 last year. Several guys, lots of doe tags and they filled in 2 days. PM me and I think I can hook you up. They aren't goin this year.

My girlfriend, her son and I drew 42. Bucks and does for them and a buck tag for me. Any suggestions??

Want their first big game hunt to be a fun one.

Thanks for the advise guys- i will definetly keep my options open. I also drew a NV Antelope (041-042), so I think alot will depend how I do in that hunt.

Good luck everyone.

Does anyone know if you keep your point for not drawing your first choice? In NV you lose them all regardless of what choice one draws.

In Wyoming you only lose them if you draw first choice.

>Thanks for the advise guys- i
>will definetly keep my options
>open. I also drew a
>NV Antelope (041-042), so I
>think alot will depend how
>I do in that hunt.
>
>
>Good luck everyone.
>
>Does anyone know if you keep
>your point for not drawing
>your first choice? In NV
>you lose them all regardless
>of what choice one draws.
>

Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

I drew a tag for area 66. I live just ten miles from the northern boundry of this area. I'm very happy because they only issue 75 permits. If anyone else drew this tag let me know. It's not a big area but I know it well.

We had a good spring and a lot of moisture in the Wind River valley. The sage brush is better than I have seen in over fifteen years. Most of the bucks I have seen have good mass to their horns. Should be a good season.

My buddy and me both drew 90-2...

One week and I'll be scouting for a monster goat, can't wait!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom