WY/MT elk...

BuzzH

Long Time Member
Did a bit of hunting the last couple weeks, really slow start for me this year with many other commitments.

Went to MT last week and found a couple elk.

DSC00540.JPG

DSC00575.JPG

Glassed up a bull and helped a complete stranger take this one as well.

DSC00563.JPG

Me with the same bull:

DSC00559.JPG

Went on a cow elk hunt in WY with one of my life-long friends from Montana, we both shot a cow out of the same bunch:

DSC00494.JPG

DSC00498.JPG

Went out this morning in WY and took this bull...great bull with lots of character:

DSC00601.JPG

Has a bit of mass as well:

DSC00607.JPG

WOW, GREAT JOB. I'D TAKE A SLOW START EVERY YEAR TO HAVE THAT KIND OF SUCCESS. CONGRATS!!! YOU DID WELL.

Lots of good bulls coming out of 16 this year. I saw a 363 bull that came out of the first season. Heard of some others in the 330 - 340 range.

Isn't that where you shot yer bull a couple years ago. Gotta like the draw odds in 16-2?

LAST EDITED ON Nov-14-14 AT 10:25PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-14-14 AT 10:24?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Nov-14-14 AT 10:20?PM (MST)

I like these units better...familiar with any of them Ernie?

2014 License Draw Results
License Type Results Area/Type

RESIDENT MOOSE Unsuccessful N/A

RESIDENT BIGHORN SHEEP Successful 017-1

RESIDENT MOUNTAIN GOAT Unsuccessful N/A

RESIDENT WILD BISON BULL Unsuccessful N/A

RESIDENT ANTELOPE Successful 073-1

RESIDENT DEER Successful 034-3

RESIDENT ELK Successful 019-2

Absolutely. Last year I had a 120 elk tag and 74 antelope tag. A few years ago I had a 24 elk tag, a few years before that 61, before that a 7 tag, further back I had another 7 tag, a 22 tag and a 23 tag plus some others going even further. As you can see, I don't always put in for the same areas every year.

Next year I'm putting in for 16-2 for elk and 48 for antelope since it has really good draw odds as a second choice. Any of those areas sound familiar Howdy Doody?

How much did you spend on outfitters on those hunts?

If you draw next year, Tad is your man, lighten your wallet by 5-6K.

That's nothing for a client like yourself.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-15-14 AT 10:35PM (MST)[p]Buzz,
Congrats on your success - all really nice animals!! Always like to see how you do on those - you still shooting a 7MM-08?? Anyway, congrats and thanks for the pics!

Buzz, Nice bulls. I'm a complete stranger would you call me when you see a bull like that again?

3 BB, That was about as low class as it gets.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom