WY Mule Deer LE 105, 106 ,109

ND777

I read the earlier post, which is great info and much appreciated. Do you think that it changes much as the LE tags are the 1st half of November?

I hope everyone has had a good 2015 season! I am looking for some help. I have been doing research on WY Mule deer units and am wondering what everyone thinks of the 105, 106, 109 special draw unit. I have max points and am looking at doing it DIY on public land with a rifle. Does anyone have any good info about this area? How is the herd health? Age class? Etc. Any help would be much appreciated as I am looking at applying for 2016!

Any other units to start researching would be of great info as well!

Thanks!

I don't know about those units other than reading the threads about them, but based on my hunt down in Region G this past September I think it's hard to beat and not migration dependent like some of those units up north. You could DIY down there, but I'd strongly suggest that you rent a horse from Yellowstone Horse Rentals that advertises on here because trying to do it on foot would be awful tough.

>Thanks for the info! Did you
>tag out on a big
>buck?

We both did. See the thread "Region G Bucks" near the top of this Forum, as I just posted another picture on it of my finished euro mount.

The 105, 106 109 LE entry hunt is tough draw even with max points. Unit 105 is waste to hunt with that tag. If drawn, you should focus your efforts in 106 and l09. 109 has many whitetail bucks and migratory mule deer. The 106 is primarily a mule deer hunt. A 240 inch muley buck was taken in 106 on the LE a couple of years ago. There is lots of public land that is not wilderness in both 106 and especially in 109. There is lots of private in 109. The mule deer are migratory and pour into those areas during the rut. A little bad weather really helps. The last 5 days of that LE season are the best.

The major difference between the 105, 106 and 109 LE involves the crowds. Most parts of G&H are really crowded during the general season. You won't find that problem with the LE tag. That being said, there are a hell of a lot more deer and bucks in the Wyoming Range.

Hopefully, some of the people I have helped with information on the LE hunt will chime in with their opinions and experiences.

just sayin...mh

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom