WYO Wolf Plan Approved

If finalized, all you have to wait for is the lawsuits to be filed to tie it up longer before you are allowed to hunt them. I will be very surprised if certain groups do not file lawsuits in federal and state courts to halt or delay any hunting.

RELH

>If finalized, all you have to
>wait for is the lawsuits
>to be filed to tie
>it up longer before you
>are allowed to hunt them.
>I will be very surprised
>if certain groups do not
>file lawsuits in federal and
>state courts to halt or
>delay any hunting.
>
>
>
>
>
> RELH

I'll be surprised if this isn't tied up in court for at least 5 years.

PRO

Define, develop, and sustain BOTH trophy and opportunity hunts throughout the state of Utah.

The Feds have predicted, that their plan is bullet proof, and they feel that any reasonable judget will return managment to the states while the anti-hunting groups try and tie it up in court.

It will be interesting to see if the judge who gets this case, will file an injunction to stop states management in the interim, or lets states manage.

No question, the anti's will sue. There is an interesting other post about anti-hunters agenda.

When we took them on in Utah, we hired one of their former employees.

their main agenda, since they can't outright stop hunting, their agenda is to maximise predators, which over time will minimize game herds.

Go talk to Wyoming sportsmen, who live around the high wolf densities and see what has happened to their elk and moose herds. Less hunting tags, reduced sucess rates, etc.

I was in a goose pit in Wyoming the other day with two good old boys from Wyoming, who used to hunt with three generations every year near Jackson - they quit. Few elk, dangerous for their grandkids around high densities of wolves and grizzlies. that is the anti-hunting, maximise predators, minimize game.

So, this wolf plan is a major issue for the future of hunting.

Don

dont let the dooms-dayers get the best of you don. It will balance out. we will be hunting wolves again and I hope it's soon. It would be horrible if we wait much longer. The wolf populations are much beyond recovery standards and have been at huntable levels for quite some time.

I'll buy a tag as soon as they are available, which wont be long now!

T,

Are you really saying that wolf hunting opportunity will equal the lost hunting opportunity due to wolf predation on elk and moose?? Will it be worth it to you ? We have always been able to hunt wolves, just not in the lower 48.

JB

Nice call D. gotta try'an save face somehow.
BTW, weren't you the victim of the nuclear Holocaust ?

>T,
>
>Are you really saying that
>wolf hunting opportunity will equal
>the lost hunting opportunity due
>to wolf predation on elk
>and moose?? Will it
>be worth it to you
>? We have always
>been able to hunt wolves,
>just not in the lower
>48.
>
>JB

Any of you other wolf lovers care to answer ??

JB

LAST EDITED ON Dec-18-07 AT 03:00PM (MST)[p]DPeay or other infomed legal type, why can't the states bring suit against the anti's for restricting interstate commerce? They could very easily prove that their actions have had a negative effect on agency revenues, taxes, and caused undue hardship on many of the businesses in the states effected and negatively impacted recreational opportunity for the residents of the state. The damages would easily be in the millions! They agreed to a set number of animals in the reintroduction process and they have exceeded that and yet they still seek to ban control causing more damage. If one of the states would win a multimillion dollar judgement that would put an end to this crap because all the other states would follow. If taulman could win a suit for the same issues based on restricting interstate commerce why can't the states use the same case law against the anti's? Just curious I'm sure the ESA comes into play here but the the Reid bill also gives the states the right to manage their wildlife!

If nothing else why couldn't the sportmans groups in one of these states bring suit because it's damaging their right to recreational opportunity and the tax revenues in their state that fund many other programs that are beneficial to it's citizens? The wolves are restablished and now they should have to honor the agreements!

good try d13, but why dont you just ignore the bone-heads, and support a hunt and get in line for a tag. BTW, are there even wolves around where you live? Wildlife is property of the state and it's residence. . .

>good try d13, but why dont
>you just ignore the bone-heads,
>and support a hunt and
>get in line for a
>tag. BTW, are there
>even wolves around where you
>live? Wildlife is property
>of the state and it's
>residence. . .

Anyone else??? apparently Tfinal is just going to avoid the very simple question.

JB

"Are you really saying that wolf hunting opportunity will equal the lost hunting opportunity due to wolf predation on elk and moose?? Will it be worth it to you ? We have always been able to hunt wolves, just not in the lower 48."

It's not all about "HUNTING". It's about trying to find a balance between predator and prey. I'd be willing to bet that in the last few centuries the elk and moose populations have risen and fallen. The elk and moose populations will rise again. I think there are two moose left according to my research. Wyoming might eventually find that they can support less wolves than they had planned. Only time will tell. It's a little different today but I am interested to see how it works out. You guys worried about lost hunting opportunities should buy property, build a high fence and fill it with whatever you want to shoot. There's more people putting in for tags so not everyone will get these tags anyway. I'll be 93 when I draw my first moose and sheep tags. I'll also never be 7 feet tall but there is nothing I can do about it except keep wishing. Aint life a byotch? Fire away D.

I've shot a few stray dogs over the years. No thrill for me. I won't be buying any wolf tags. To each their own though.

Eel

Zigga, Kingfish and your buddies:

There are many websites that would love to have your wolf hugging posts. Go join a few and spare real hunters the BS.

Better yet, come to Wyoming and have a drink with me, we can discuss wolves.

WyoXtec,
Next time I draw a Wyoming tag you will be the first person to know about it...I would love to have a little talk with you. If you don't have something useful to add to the conversation keep your mouth shut. Go to the library (you know the big building with lots of books)advance your limited knowledge then come back and talk like a man. We'll wait!!

Zigga, want to put in for Wyoming next year??? could be fun!!!!

I was in G&F this week and overheard that the new wolf regs will be posted on the web site Dec 27th. should be interresting

>There are many websites that would love to have your wolf >hugging posts. Go join a few and spare real hunters the BS

I agree! And I love the reply, they pretty much call you out, if they draw! Tough man! Odds are they won't draw! You invite them to have a drink and discuss wolves and they want to meet, and beat the h#ll out of you! No doubt, two or more would show up!

We were lion hunting south of Metetsee yesterday, and a local rancher said the wolves in that particular area have been whacked pretty hard by the feds, both packs that frequent his ranch are gone. As in dead! I guess they have killed over 100 in the last few months. I wonder what scheme they are up to now?

Good news, thanks for the info Huck.

I would say that the Feds are now trying to save face.

I'm do for a sheep tag up in that country and it's good to hear that the wolves aren't running them all over the winter range this year.

We never cut a single wolf track, that is what made me ask the rancher.

I got max points to, not sure where I will try this year. I hear they are allowing two tags for the canyon above yellowtail. There are some hogs in there, but the hunting might be a little difficult, unless you have a motorboat! The G&F also are opening another area near Saratoga I think. Every tag helps, makes my odds better! :)

Huck,

Good luck in the draw.

The two Yellowtail tags are tempting, there have to be some giants in there. But I don't know that country.

The Big Piney / Darby Mtn tag is available again this year also, that area hasn't issued a tag for a while.

I'm sticking with 5, along with a whole bunch of others. At least the odds are finally starting to come up.

Good Luck to you to! Do you have max points? It really don't matter, one of the guys I work with drew with 3 points, I have max and have been putting in for 24 years! LOL!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom