Wyoming Antelope Area 80

Ranger1

Very Active Member
Anyone have some info on area 80 for antelope in Wyoming? Considering putting my son and I in for it for this fall. We have 2 points.

How is access to public and is there good hunting on public?
How are the size of the bucks? Like my son to better his first buck this past fall 73 incher.

With gas prices probably won't be able to scout but a day or two before hunt opens so will have to be by email and phone. So any info would be appreciated.

2 PPs may well not even draw a tag this year for the few NR tags, as it took that number to draw 8 of the 12 tags in the Regular draw last year. Are you looking at anything in the G&F website as far as odds, public access issues, etc. because you are asking all kinds of similar questions on deer on another Forum. People, including myself, will offer help, but it would be nice if you did as much preliminary work yourself, including calls to the G&F when necessary, before asking all kinds of questions on the net. Just a little hint and it's that there are a lot better antelope units than up in that country above Cody and Powell. Please don't be offended because I try to offer lots of help to everyone on several websites if it looks like the person is trying to do their homework before asking for that help.

I hunted unit 80 last year and was not impressed with the size of the antelope. There's plenty of public land to hunt. If you want a 13-14" antelope apply. If you want something bigger you better look elsewhere.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom