Wyoming Antelope unit 27 public access

Thunder Basin National Grasslands is all through that unit according to my map. I would say yes, but best bet is to give a call to the closest F&G office in that area or region and talk to the game Bio. there for his advice.

Brian

I hunt a unit beside it. IF you can really read a map and know where you are at then checkerboard land is pretty good. My experience in the last 25 or so years is that by day 3 all the antelope are on private land. So plan on giving it 2 or 3 hard days in the beginning or wait till the last week of season and hope they are settled down by then. Or archery hunt them when there are not too many folks out there. Find water and you will see antelope. Is 27 the unit that has the Cheyenne R. as the southern border of it?? Look down around the river in the breaks there if it is.

Hey I forgot. If you call the Grasslands Center in Douglas, Cordie will send you a nice map of the Grasslands. 27 is up at the top of the side of the map you will want to look at.

I hunted 27 this year. A lot of public land. Lope are real dumb till the first shots ring out. You can walk a long ways and not hit private land. I'm definitely going to try for 27 again. PM me if you have any specific questions.

"Whatever you are, be a good one."
- Abraham Lincoln

Hey, MN, how's it goin'?

Zarn!!

Buddy of mine and I couldn't make opener for 27 this past October, so we got in there during the second week for the day.
First couple broadsides of gunshots do get them to scatter real well out of the holes and off the bottom.
Found them right where they were supposed to be, and where nearly no one but a couple of Lope nuts are going to bother.
Daylight hours will find them all bunched up on top of the tables--they do climb 'em to get away, good graze up on those, also.

Rump

Hey Rump!

Good to hear from you. Thanks for all the info, it was a good hunt. I'm trying to "pay it forward" and help Zarn out with info on 27.

- Abraham Lincoln

LAST EDITED ON Dec-28-08 AT 12:48PM (MST)[p]Rem308-
In 2 years our group never saw anything bigger than a forkie and mostly does. They may be out there but we didn't see em.

- Abraham Lincoln

Thats what I figured.Public land muleys don't live long enough to become good bucks in that area.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom