Wyoming Antelope

infinitecircles

I just found out my schedule has cleared up some this fall and was thinking about trying an antelope hunt. I know the draws have closed but was thinking about trying to find a left over buck tag with possibly an additional doe tag. Neither of my boys have ever been with me when I have harvested an animal and I thought I would try to take them along. I was thinking about something in the Casper or Gillette area, I believe there could be leftover tags available there and may be willing to pay a reasonable tresspass fee. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

News Release
[email protected]
April 1, 2009
Cheyenne Headquarters
5400 Bishop Blvd.
Cheyenne, WY 82006
Phone: (307) 777-4594 ▪ Fax: (307) 777-4600
http://gf.state.wy.us
Issue-After Limited Quota Big Game Licenses to Go on Sale in July
New WGFD system will make getting these licenses easier
Cheyenne?The Wyoming Game and Fish Department has announced dates for the
sale of issue-after limited quota big game licenses for the 2009 hunting season. Issueafter
licenses are licenses that were not sold during the initial limited quota license
draws earlier in the year. The date for the sale of full-price issue-after licenses will be
8:00 am Mountain Time on July 7. The date for the sale of reduced-price issue-after
licenses will be 8:00 am Mountain Time on July 21.

Some of the units north of Douglas always have leftover tags,public land is limited but with a little work you can figure it out.

You might check with the G & F, but I thought at the spring meetings they said leftover licenses would sold first come first serve. Don't recall exactly. I did see my first fawn antelope of the year yesterday. He was all wobbly legged trying to keep up with mom. Shoulda snapped a photo...

The draw results for the first draw should be posted June 24th according to the WY web site....up from the July 10 date published earlier.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom