Wyoming area G

C

CDWOLF (Guest)

I've drawn a Mule Deer for Wyomings area G Middle september - mid October. Does any one have any good info about how and where for that area? It is a big area and seems to be one of the better ones. Any help would be great. Thanks Wolf

I watched a beauty of a buck last weekend in some fields in Region G. You are a lucky man to have that tag. I didn't draw out this year for a WY tag after two years of hunting region H.

RE: Wyoming area G/H

What did you see while hunting H? Where dod you go? I'm lwaving Friday for my first H hunt.

RE: Wyoming area G/H

Region G sucks. Dont go up high too many people. There is hardly any big bucks there anymore. Too many tags. They need to make area G a limited entry for residents and cut non resident tags in half.

Hunted with my Dad for 4 1/2 days and seen about 12 deer. This was on the Piney Creek area. A resident we had spoke with said that the wolves from Jackson have come over and started to deplete the herds. I don't know how accurate that information is, but the herds are definately low in numbers.
Hopefully the lower end towards the Utah border will be better in a week or two.

We watched wolves kill deer on the winter range last year just outside of Pinedale.

Wolves are everywhere in Wyoming know. They are getting thicker every year. Hopefully they will make the predator list someday. I heard from a unreliable source that they might soon but i have no hope in that. I know they are as far south as the mountains north of kemmerer and to the west of labarge, but they have always been there. Just not as thick as they are now. They tend to take on elk more than anything during the winter.

later, MM

Wolves will become a big problem in the future, but the biggest problem is that the areas with any access are hammered. Get off of the beaten path and sit, the deer are there.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom