Wyoming ATV Rules-Guns

Wiszard

Long Time Member
Does a rifle have to be in a scabbard while riding an ATV or can it be worn or attached to the pack? I looked for this rule on Google and couldn't find anything about it. Thanks!

You can have it locked and loaded if you want and no restrictions on how to carry on a vehicle, sling it if you want to.
And yes a non hunter or non license holder can carry while in the field too.

Not advocating for having it loaded on the atv, just stating a fact.

You can have it locked and loaded if you want and no restrictions on how to carry on a vehicle, sling it if you want to.

You're kidding, right? I'm being serious. I'm accustomed to "gun must be unloaded with nothing in the chamber or magazine" rules.

You're kidding, right? I'm being serious. I'm accustomed to "gun must be unloaded with nothing in the chamber or magazine" rules.
She's stating fact, don't get dramatic. The only rule when legally carrying in Wyoming is that there are no rules.

"Legally" means not felons and some areas like the University, it's not allowed.

Last edited:
even in Cali F&G only cares about the chamber....not the mag
I thought in Cali you have to have the ammo in a separate area.....for example, you can have the gun in the back seat but the ammo must be locked in trunk?

I'm talking F&G.....so....off road....WTF knows what is required on the hwy.....
No restrictions on the highway either. Googler must be broken.
If you can legally have a firearm you can carry it loaded in a vehicle, pretty easy to understand.

No restrictions on the highway either. Googler must be broken.
If you can legally have a firearm you can carry it loaded in a vehicle, pretty easy to understand.
I'm not commenting on Wyoming law......pay attention

MERICA....

Watch for trucks with guys riding in the open bed, rifles at the ready. I've even seen them with lawn chairs.

From what I saw when I was in Wyoming was that it was still the wild west with almost all the rules. It was way different than what I was used to "out east"....lol

PS to the knuckleheads in the green buggy (that were from Wyoming), thanks for chasing that buck right to me at daylight. He looks great on my wall. You almost outran him with that buggy....almost....lol

only thing i can see here is make sure that your 30 feet off the road when you shoot? its in the regs on which roads and distance. Never really read into it

only thing i can see here is make sure that your 30 feet off the road when you shoot? its in the regs on which roads and distance. Never really read into it
Several years ago, a GW watched from over a mile away as one of us shot a speed goat more than 30 feet from a two track. We had seen his truck so we made sure we were by the book. He saw us again 30 minutes later, followed us about 20 minutes to the checking station, and then tried to trick us into saying we shot him from the road. Crap like that gives them a bad reputation.

Several years ago, a GW watched from over a mile away as one of us shot a speed goat more than 30 feet from a two track. We had seen his truck so we made sure we were by the book. He saw us again 30 minutes later, followed us about 20 minutes to the checking station, and then tried to trick us into saying we shot him from the road. Crap like that gives them a bad reputation.
You could have been right between the two tracks and shot that antelope and the warden would not have done a thing.

Check your regs.

Headed to WY later this week, I'll be sure to read 'em again. :)

But that GW was trying to trick us into saying something he could stick us on. A real jerk.

So, I guess I'm lost then.
As stated no restriction of any kind for firearms in or on a vehicle, by state law or / and G&F "rules".
WG&F does not set our firearm laws in Wyoming and does not control our right to carry anywhere, state laws do that.
Federal refuges may have rules or laws in Wyoming but WG&F does not control firearms in vehicles even on their lands.

Sorry Homer, like I said I guess I'm lost on your question, no restrictions by G&F or state law on vehicles and firearms if you can legally have one in possession.

Lol, at least I know what and where I can carry in Wyoming a far as firearms go.

Locked and loaded all the time if you want.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom