Wyoming bound!

Banger

Lots of lively debate here lately. Any members making the move to Wyoming soon?

My wife and I are finally breaking ground this summer on property we bought in 2021, and hope to be residents of Thayne in 2024. That will end 54 years in Oregon for us. Anyone else care to share when and where?

Lots of lively debate here lately. Any members making the move to Wyoming soon?

My wife and I are finally breaking ground this summer on property we bought in 2021, and hope to be residents of Thayne in 2024. That will end 54 years in Oregon for us. Anyone else care to share when and where?
Congrats! I'm already a resident of Wyo but wife and I hope to break ground on a property we own in Alpine in 2027.

I look every now and then for something in Star Valley. The wife would probably make the move as long as we planned to spend winters somewhere warm.
We can both work from the RV, so maybe it'll happen. I don't know. I like the no state tax thing and I might be addicted to hunting mule deer.
Our last child in the house is 18 now, so that will free things up for us to do something.

I moved my family of 7 here 4 years ago. Added a 6th child here and another any day. Wouldn't change a thing. My oldest is 12 now and we are ready to rock n roll this fall...if things go planned we could end up with 10+ tags between 3 of us this fall.

The wife and I made the move in December. A cold wet month for a move but worth it. We have wanted to make this move for a long time, but everybody knows how life gets in the way. We have enjoyed the people we have met so far, as well as the peace and solitude. We have wildlife on the property most every day, which we enjoy. Good luck to those wanting to make the move.

I'm looking around Rock Springs. Not the best area of Wyo. I like it because it's on 80 and close to Flaming gorge. The problem in Idaho is not the non resident, it's the amount of residents now. Wyoming will follow, cmon 90/10.

I'm looking around Rock Springs. Not the best area of Wyo. I like it because it's on 80 and close to Flaming gorge. The problem in Idaho is not the non resident, it's the amount of residents now. Wyoming will follow, cmon 90/10.
Actually Wyoming is different than most western states and not growing in population at any recordable rate. Holding steady at just under 600K people. Idaho is exploding with new residents.

I'm looking in Cody, Dubois, and Pinedale/Daniel area. I'd rather be north of Cody so I can use the Billings airport however...which is so much cheaper and easy to use.

The wife and I made the move in December. A cold wet month for a move but worth it. We have wanted to make this move for a long time, but everybody knows how life gets in the way. We have enjoyed the people we have met so far, as well as the peace and solitude. We have wildlife on the property most every day, which we enjoy. Good luck to those wanting to make the move.
We too have enjoyed our new neighbors and everyone we’ve met. Our little acreage also has the full array of local game. After 30 years of managing private timberland, I’m looking forward to doing some habitat improvements on my own property for once.

Yeah there's crappy hunting and fishing around here. Have you looked elsewhere? I hear Rawlins and Casper are good places.

We broke ground in October and close on June 1st. It’s almost 8 years in the making. To anyone thinking about making the move, you just need to do it, there will always be something trying to keep you from not moving forward.

Fear is a liar.

We are outside Big Piney a few miles. We were told by a few of the locals Wyoming has its way of culling people out. I didn't understand that in December but do now. We have found the cold tolerable so far, enjoying the fireplace each evening. The wife and I spend time outside each day getting acclimated.

I'm pretty sure there was a new law saying no new builds and the only towns open to move into is Jackson Hole, Casper, and Rawlins. The rest of the state is closed to new residency.

Thankfully they shut it down after I moved here in 2020.

For those thinking of a move to Wyoming, I think there is something you should know.
Wyoming-has-gonorrhea-1.20.23.jpg

I have three friends who are moving to Lyman
Areas with there families just to be closer to Flaming Gorge.
Just saw the numbers for Wyoming population increases. Not quite Idaho but it’s starting to build.

We are outside Big Piney a few miles. We were told by a few of the locals Wyoming has its way of culling people out. I didn't understand that in December but do now. We have found the cold tolerable so far, enjoying the fireplace each evening. The wife and I spend time outside each day getting acclimated.
It’s even better when you are retired and don’t have to rely on a local job! No State Taxes.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom