Wyoming Draw question???

Adventurewriter

Very Active Member
Ready to pull the cord on my 10 elk points and hoping for the best... I want to put some pie in the sky units and hope to draw my last choice or will that kill me from my last choice and likely my best chance to draw??? Should I put what I stand as the best chance to draw first???

Thanks!!

More than likely you won’t draw your 3rd choice unless it’s a unit that had/has been leftovers in previous years.
If you want to use your 10 points pick the unit you have researched and can most likely draw with your pointsand put it first choice.
Wyoming only uses points for your first choice and doesn’t move on to your 2nd choice until all first choice apps have been processed.

Last edited:
Okay thanks that is what I was thinking...kinda like Colo NM you can put dream choices 1 and 2 and a reasonable choice third and draw it as in they pull your app out of the hat and then go down your choices from the top until one sticks or doesn't....

Okay thanks that is what I was thinking...kinda like Colo NM you can put dream choices 1 and 2 and a reasonable choice third and draw it as in they pull your app out of the hat and then go down your choices from the top until one sticks or doesn't....
NO. They look at your first choice with the amount of points you have and then your 2nd choice only if there are leftover permits which there won't be on any decent units public accessible units

In Wyoming, second choice is almost worthless unless you pick a unit that goes undersubscribed. Those units normally go undersubscribed for a good reason. Your first choice is the Big Enchilada in Wyoming. Second choice is just a slim chance at a poor choice unit.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom