Wyoming Elk

bobberdown

I have max points for elk non-res. thinking about unit 58 this year was wondering if anyone hunted it last year and how it went? Thanks and good luck to everyone in the draw this year

I've seen pictures of a half dozen bulls off there last year, nice but nothing over 340. mostly 300 class.

If you 're willing to hire an outfitter there are better units. for DIY it's a pretty good hunt.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Thanks for the reply, yes going DIY not looking for a huge bull 300 class is fine, do u know anything about access? Thanks again

access is good in that unit. Better if you pay the Hoodoo Ranch trespass fee (worth it, IMO) There are still some decent bulls roaming around and someone who hunts like they mean it can turn them up. It is a fun hunt and you will see a lot of bulls. 300-330 type bulls are common.

I hunted 58 4 years ago. 1 week in sept archery and passed several bulls around 300, went back for a week in November with rifle and took a nice 340 bull. The year after I hunted it the hoodoo ranch started charging a trespass fee of $1000, not sure if that granted access to the entire ranch or not. When I hunted it the year before you could only access certain parts of the ranch via the hunter access program. Not sure if the fee is still $1000 or if it has gone up. Not sure I would hunt 58 without hoodoo access, not that I will ever draw that tag again.

Hoodoo fee Was $500. Then Went to $ l000. Last I heard they Stopped that and gave the bull elk rights to an outfitter. So I Would Look into that. I May be wrong to but I Would Look in to it.

I know the outfitter who hunts it and I'm pretty sure they still sell trespass permits. he is just the only outfitter and he gets to take 2 or 3 guys.

But I'm not positive of that either so again I'd look into it. if you can't get on the Hoodoo I don't think I'd use max points on 58.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom