Wyoming G and H non resident tags cut again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonres “donate” approximately 85%+ of the license and 100% of the pref pt revenue for d/e/a to the WG&F!

Buzz, how many resident deer licenses does it take to compensate for 1 special nonres deer license? Wyo res deer tag = $42. Nonres special deer tag = $1,200. It takes 28 Wyo resident. That’s 1 special license nonres vs 28 Wyo hunter in the field to support the same revenue.

Every nonres that doesn’t even draw a deer tag and applies for a pref pt is contributing revenue each and every year to the WG&F. Nonres pref pt fee totals per year for d/e/a total $124 while residents contribute $0.00 to the WG&F d/e/a pref pt budget.

Thousands of nonres that apply for licenses also pay $15 just to apply for each species or tag while Wyo res only pay $5 to apply. $45 nonres application plus $124 nonres pref pt fees = $169 for d/e/a. That’s $169 per nonres hunter each year contribution to the WG&F in years they don’t even draw 1 tag.

Buzz, you have so many nasty things to say about nonres but what it comes down to is nonres fund $85 to 100% of the license and budget revenue that supports the WG&F and wildlife.

Buzz, how many millions of $ have nonres funded through the mule deer foundation, federal grants, and other nonres special interest groups to improve mule deer and other wildlife habitat in Wyoming the past couple years?

Buzz, you can go on and on about how rotten nonres are but Wyo wildlife and wildlife management would not be the same without nonres financial backing and support!
Jims, you're worse than a little old lady.

I have always been an advocate for "the proof is in the pudding!" Where is the funding coming from, where is it going, and is it making a difference!

Go ahead and say it Grosventre, Buzz, and JM, "It's great to see so many incredible habitat improvement projects coming into Wyoming from out of state resources that ultimately will benefit Wyoming wildlife."

I'm certain the WG&F appreciates every penny nonres contribute to management and habitat improvement projects!

Jims
What don’t you understand? NR’s are are “supposed to” fund Wyoming’s wildlife so that R’s can go have fun and reap the freebies. And NR’s are NOT to post any comments to any public forums.
Silly you.
🤣
How are those NR elk tags going in SD? I'm sure you're stomping your feet and advocating for at least one NR elk tag in SD. Apparently, it's easier to complain about Wyoming than it is to do work in your own state.

I have always been an advocate for "the proof is in the pudding!" Where is the funding coming from, where is it going, and is it making a difference!

Go ahead and say it Grosventre, Buzz, and JM, "It's great to see so many incredible habitat improvement projects coming into Wyoming from out of state resources that ultimately will benefit Wyoming wildlife."

I'm certain the WG&F appreciates every penny nonres contribute to management and habitat improvement projects!
It's all doom and gloom Jim's. We know Wyoming will go broke if they cut NR tags. You're smarter than everyone else and it just can't be done. Is that better? Now will your ignorance stop....I doubt it.

How are those NR elk tags going in SD? I'm sure you're stomping your feet and advocating for at least one NR elk tag in SD. Apparently, it's easier to complain about Wyoming than it is to do work in your own state.
Sorry if you were offended. that was posted as a joke.

But since you brought it up, I’ve already addressed the SD non res elk argument in other posts. Nice try and way to change the subject. But you are welcome to join me in that effort to get it changed. I’m in agreement with NR’s on that issue and totally supportive but get no help. I’ve tried for a change here - have YOU?

And I’m not pushing to reduce any NR opportunities in my state. But I’m actually thinking about pushing to increase NR tag costs and application costs for NR in my home state (we carry our own weight in SD)

Honestly, I have actually quit pheasant hunting here because of so much NR pressure. I just chose to adjust and funnel my experiences to other hunting opportunities rather than push for limitations on NR hunters.

Oh………and quit “whining” about SD.

But since you brought it up, I’ve already addressed the SD non res elk argument in other posts. Nice try and way to change the subject. But you are welcome to join me in that effort to get it changed. I’m in agreement with NR’s on that issue and totally supportive but get no help. I’ve tried for a change here - have YOU?

And I’m not pushing to reduce any NR opportunities in my state. But I’m actually thinking about pushing to increase NR tag costs and application costs for NR in my home state (we carry our own weight in SD)

Honestly, I have actually quit pheasant hunting here because of so much NR pressure. I just chose to adjust and funnel my experiences to other hunting opportunities rather than push for limitations on NR hunters.

I figured since you and your buddy jims like beating a dead horse, I would again bring up SD. Did your feelings get hurt because you got called out again about SD elk. Maybe you can share some points with jims like you did with founder. I mean after all you need help killing animals here in Wyoming.

Nonres “donate” approximately 85%+ of the license and 100% of the pref pt revenue for d/e/a to the WG&F!

Buzz, how many resident deer licenses does it take to compensate for 1 special nonres deer license? Wyo res deer tag = $42. Nonres special deer tag = $1,200. It takes 28 Wyo resident. That’s 1 special license nonres vs 28 Wyo hunter in the field to support the same revenue.

Every nonres that doesn’t even draw a deer tag and applies for a pref pt is contributing revenue each and every year to the WG&F. Nonres pref pt fee totals per year for d/e/a total $124 while residents contribute $0.00 to the WG&F d/e/a pref pt budget.

Thousands of nonres that apply for licenses also pay $15 just to apply for each species or tag while Wyo res only pay $5 to apply. $45 nonres application plus $124 nonres pref pt fees = $169 for d/e/a. That’s $169 per nonres hunter each year contribution to the WG&F in years they don’t even draw 1 tag.

Buzz, you have so many nasty things to say about nonres but what it comes down to is nonres fund $85 to 100% of the license and budget revenue that supports the WG&F and wildlife.

Buzz, how many millions of $ have nonres funded through the mule deer foundation, federal grants, and other nonres special interest groups to improve mule deer and other wildlife habitat in Wyoming the past couple years?

Buzz, you can go on and on about how rotten nonres are but Wyo wildlife and wildlife management would not be the same without nonres financial backing and support!
I think someone had too much sugar cereal this morning.

I figured since you and your buddy jims like beating a dead horse, I would again bring up SD. Did your feelings get hurt because you got called out again about SD elk. Maybe you can share some points with jims like you did with founder. I mean after all you need help killing animals here in Wyoming.
You didn’t answer my question.
And you haven’t addressed the topic of NR vs R costs in Wyoming relative to other states.

But since you want to avoid things when you can’t defend your comments by changing the subject, I will address your new subject….

IMG_4217.jpeg

IMG_4198.jpeg

IMG_5708.jpeg

IMG_2418.jpeg

I have no desire to change SD. I think the residents should have as many tags as possible. They live and work there why not. The same with Wyoming, but people like you feel you're some how owed tags here, or should have a say. I guess if SD was such a top destination for big game hunting there would be a forum here dedicated to SD. I guess it goes to show just how important sd in the realm of big game hunting.

The costs has been talked about here over and over again, but ignorant people refuse to except it. Do we really need to beat that horse again. Then again it seems like that's all the Wyoming forum has turned into the last few years.

Last edited:
I don’t know Jims - was just simply posting a joke.
And my feelings are actually quite fine today.

I’ve openly stated on the Wyoming form that I agree that Wyoming is on the generous side when it comes to NR opportunities relative to other western states (but WY is changing that and many on here are advocating for more changes which is fine)

I’ve also openly stated on the Wyoming forum that WY is on the high side when it comes to NR costs for applications, points, and tags relative to other western states. Many on here refuse to agree and instead just say that NR’s are “whining” and “beating dead horses”

I don’t know Jims - was just simply posting a joke.
And my feelings are actually quite fine today.

I’ve openly stated on the Wyoming form that I agree that Wyoming is on the generous side when it comes to NR opportunities relative to other western states (but WY is changing that and many on here are advocating for more changes which is fine)

I’ve also openly stated on the Wyoming forum that WY is on the high side when it comes to NR costs for applications, points, and tags relative to other western states. Many on here refuse to agree and instead just say that NR’s are “whining” and “beating dead horses”
Don't like the prices Wyoming charges, take your money elsewhere, nobody cares.

Quality anything demands a higher price.

Lots of states to choose from that will match your price point.

I totally agree.

Do I like the price? No
Is it my right to chose to participate? Yes.
Do I still participate? Yes
Is it my right to still express comments on an open forum if I think Wyoming is on the high end for NR costs? Yes
Do my comments on a public forum constitute whining and complaining? In some eyes apparently yes.
Do your comments and others on a public forum constitute whining and complaining about others? Food for thought.

Will any of this make any difference in the end? NO

It’s all good. We are ALL passionate about hunting and it is easy for passionate people to get defensive - myself included.
It gives us something to do in the off season before we have hunts to plan for.

I’m just looking forward to May 16th when Wyoming notifies me that drew my special elk tag and I have to debate with my wife instead of the fine folks on this site about the high cost of hunting in Wyoming 😂🤣

Nonres and Wyo res license sales contribution prior to the 2024 increase in special license tag fees. My guess is that nonres contribute over 85% with the dramatic increase in special priced tags in 2024.

IMG_1780.jpg

Nonres and Wyo res license sales contribution prior to the 2024 increase in special license tag fees. My guess is that nonres contribute over 85% with the dramatic increase in special priced tags in 2024.

View attachment 144903
I think we should stick it to the NR hunters and make them pay a non-refundable hunting license similar to Nevada and Utah, but maybe closer to $200.00. That should help fund the GnF. Maybe even 90/5/5 would be nice to see too.

You quit pheasant hunting in SD because of nr pressure? You get a head start as a resident how come you don't hunt then?

Show me 5 units they are smashing 380 bulls consistently in Wyoming on public land if you want to try to justify this quality argument. Don’t ever boast Wyoming elk as a quality hunt per price. Utah, AZ, NV, Nm, and Idaho far out pace the the quality that Wyoming could dream to offer on big bulls.

Show me 5 units they are smashing 380 bulls consistently in Wyoming on public land if you want to try to justify this quality argument. Don’t ever boast Wyoming elk as a quality hunt per price. Utah, AZ, NV, Nm, and Idaho far out pace the the quality that Wyoming could dream to offer on big bulls.
Deer will soon be added to that list sadly. Glad I'm out of the Wyoming money grab!

Deer will soon be added to that list sadly. Glad I'm out of the Wyoming money grab!
Good every non resident should step away next year then bankrupt their G&F and these whining little shits will really cry. They’ll get that tag increase and likely a point system. I really don’t see any value in Wyoming over any surrounding state. Their out of control price hikes and hate for nonresidents is enough. Changing allocations on tags I get it they were generous for a while. Each and every state I’m interested in can smoke the quality of Wyoming. And they’ll give me a better price. I can even walk in the super scawy wilderness too. Montana, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, and Arizona all blow the doors off Wyoming elk hunting you can find average units like G&H to top tier type units. You can draw the average units in the same time or less. Wyoming is just a good fishing state at this point.

Good every non resident should step away next year then bankrupt their G&F and these whining little shits will really cry. They’ll get that tag increase and likely a point system. I really don’t see any value in Wyoming over any surrounding state. Their out of control price hikes and hate for nonresidents is enough. Changing allocations on tags I get it they were generous for a while. Each and every state I’m interested in can smoke the quality of Wyoming. And they’ll give me a better price. I can even walk in the super scawy wilderness too. Montana, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, and Arizona all blow the doors off Wyoming elk hunting you can find average units like G&H to top tier type units. You can draw the average units in the same time or less. Wyoming is just a good fishing state at this point.
Bye…..

IMG_0358.jpeg

Screenshot_20240505_075328_Snapchat.jpg

I heard that Wyo outfitters want set aside tags for deep pocketed Wyo res in a separate pool of tags for residents. They also were considering increasing the price of those set aside res outfitter tags so their res clients had a better opportunity to draw.

This pool of tags would be taken from the current Wyo res pool of limited licenses.

Maybe those are the resident “friend” tags that the senator mentioned in the video I posted above?

Why did you shoot a management bull in Utah with all those 380 bulls around?

All those points you burned, waiting period, for a management bull...so brutal. The serious elk hunters in Utah thank you for your service.

Also, quit begging for the best units in Wyoming, do your own research.

Last edited:
I heard that Wyo outfitters want set aside tags for deep pocketed Wyo res in a separate pool of tags for residents. They also were considering increasing the price of those set aside res outfitter tags so their res clients had a better opportunity to draw.

This pool of tags would be taken from the current Wyo res pool of limited licenses.

Maybe those are the resident “friend” tags that the senator mentioned in the video I posted above?
Did you hear that when the voices in your head were talking to you?

This coming from a guy who knows gay. Kind of weird you know there is a pride parade in Jackson. Attend much?
Duh it’s a liberal stronghold. I’m sure you fit in well with the ritzy bill gates cowboys. So did you play John Dutton on the winter range? Or did Buzz get the honor since he acts like he’s chief of staff for the Wyoming outfitters association.

Why did you shoot a management bull in Utah with all those 380 bulls around?

All those points you burned, waiting period, for a management bull...so brutal. The serious elk hunters in Utah thank you for your service.

Also, quit begging for the best units in Wyoming, do your own research.
I’d shoot a huge 5 on just about any tag just like big front forking 3 point Miley’s with big daggers. His thirds are almost as your nose Gonzo. Let’s hear of 6 great elk units in Wyoming with huge chunks of public land. The reason you can’t name them cause you don’t have them. All that restricted wilderness and you have trouble producing 380 bulls. What’s the problem it’s like your dick you just can’t seem to get it up.

I’d shoot a huge 5 on just about any tag just like big front forking 3 point Miley’s with big daggers. His thirds are almost as your nose Gonzo.
Right, and you'd pass a 380 bull to do it.

You live in 🤡 world.

What's a "Miley"?

For the second time, quit begging for Wyoming elk hunting units.

Cheer up you'll get to hunt elk in Utah one more time before you're 80...maybe.

Right, and you'd pass a 380 bull to do it.

You live in 🤡 world.

What's a "Miley"?
I didn’t say that you sound like chuck todd on NBC making **** up. Too bad your double wide has too low of ceilings to fit a big bull in it. You and SS are the only ones that cry about the bull. If you’re so confident let’s put some money on some hunts this year you and man **** are so confident but won’t do it. So put up or shut up. Sorry about the spelling mister Dutton it was supposed to be Muley.

Hey esrtntimes,
I didn’t say that you sound like chuck todd on NBC making **** up. Too bad your double wide has too low of ceilings to fit a big bull in it. You and SS are the only ones that cry about the bull. If you’re so confident let’s put some money on some hunts this year you and man **** are so confident but won’t do it. So put up or shut up. Sorry about the spelling mister Dutton it was supposed to be Muley.
Tell us about the bulls you've killed in Montana.

Duh it’s a liberal stronghold. I’m sure you fit in well with the ritzy bill gates cowboys. So did you play John Dutton on the winter range? Or did Buzz get the honor since he acts like he’s chief of staff for the Wyoming outfitters association.
Mr. Hush'n, that little child predator mustache in your profile picture gave me a good laugh.

You kill one decent 5x5 and all of a sudden you're making bets with people, and then tell us YOUR research shows Montana is better elk hunting than Wyoming. You should just stick to watching your Hush'n YouTube videos and leave the elk hunting to grown up.

Hey you never commented on the pics nfh posted. Poor little guy....

Anyone remember this bull? I believe it was 411. Shot one of the smaller bulls in the group. .

Once again wyoming really sucks. If I was a non resident I wouldn't waste my time.
View attachment 144964
Great bull looks like it was from the 80’s congrats to the guy. At some point the letterman jacket has to be put away and you need to focus on the next win. My bull was cool but the scoreboard is back at zero so I won’t need to keep living in that moment.

Great bull looks like it was from the 80’s congrats to the guy. At some point the letterman jacket has to be put away and you need to focus on the next win. My bull was cool but the scoreboard is back at zero so I won’t need to keep living in that moment.
You know what's awesome about Wyoming? We don't have to wait 35 years between elk tags.

In particular to shoot a management elk.

Right, I know about 4 people that hunt more than 2 solid months a season that have full time jobs.

How many people do you know that have 6-10 weeks of paid vacation a year?
Anyone who has worked for the government for a decent amount of time.

From the 90s . The bull is in Buffalo bill museum .

Oh wait, I found the other bulls that wsterntines shot in Utah:

Right next to his Arizona bulls:

And the monsters from Idaho and Montana:

Anyone remember this bull? I believe it was 411. Shot one of the smaller bulls in the group. .

Once again wyoming really sucks. If I was a non resident I wouldn't waste my time.
View attachment 144964
Here’s some that aren’t from when Randy Travis was touring at the million dollar saloon.

454” on the Nevada bull.

440” on the muzzy bull from Utah

414” on the super heavy bull that has a 30” spread also from Utah.

Do we need to post the big foot bull that’ll put the inches at 1751” so yeah Wyoming does suck. Utah and Nevada killed 400’s in the 90’s and it’s still happening to this day. Every elk state around Wyoming produces bigger bulls. And half of the states have odds that you can draw just as fast if not quicker and kill just as good or better than what g and h will produce.

IMG_3540.jpeg

IMG_3541.jpeg

IMG_3542.jpeg

Those even public land bulls? No hunter orange so I assume some private ranch. Not familiar with those states rules for orange

How many of those did you shoot?

None.

WAFJ
I tried to look for your big elk photos. But it would take 7 hours to sift through every thread that you post 20 times on. So I lost interest looking for photos of big bulls you’ve taken the cryoming way. I mean it would be hard to focus on an antler with your nose in the picture. Has your boy SS got back from his brown bear saga. Maybe you could scrounge up some money and a little courage to take some bets.

Those even public land bulls? No hunter orange so I assume some private ranch. Not familiar with those states rules for orange
Each and everyone of those bulls were on public land. The 440 bull would require none because it’s a muzzy hunt. The other two would. I’d have to go watch the video again to see if they were in orange. But I couldn’t tell you if they wore it off the top of my head.

Each and everyone of those bulls were on public land. The 440 bull would require none because it’s a muzzy hunt. The other two would. I’d have to go watch the video again to see if they were in orange. But I couldn’t tell you if they wore it off the top of my head.
Are you saying wyoming doesn't produce bulls over 400"? And I bet there's a few areas wyoming that would damn sure give any state a run for their money on the shear number of 350"+ bulls in one unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom