Wyoming G&F Budgets

mightyhunter

Very Active Member

This is a good read. Some of the causes for budget shortfalls are obvious. Just sayin...mh

This is a good read. Some of the causes for budget shortfalls are obvious. Just sayin...mh
Thank goodness for the non-residents and feds that supply greater than 70% of the G&F budget :). Good read though.

What % is it then?
You have a spoon? I’ll feed you…
E7B1D485-7124-4BBE-9BEC-47AFE557FB81.png

Are the grants federal or state funded? Or combination?

I'm assuming NR licenses make up about 2/3rds of license revenue...so that is about 42% and then federal aid is 21%, so depending on grants and how much interest is earned on NR license and points. It could be close to 70% is NR and Federal.

I guess if grants are all State based it only 63 to 64% or so.

Are the grants federal or state funded? Or combination?

I'm assuming NR licenses make up about 2/3rds of license revenue...so that is about 42% and then federal aid is 21%, so depending on grants and how much interest is earned on NR license and points. It could be close to 70% is NR and Federal.

I guess if grants are all State based it only 63 to 64% or so.
Wyoming residents don't fund federal grants?

Also, a vast majority of p/r funds come from non hunters.

Wyoming residents don't fund federal grants?

Also, a vast majority of p/r funds come from non hunters.

So just to make it easy Wyoming provides 1/50 or 2% of the federal funds. And those non hunters also live outside of Wyoming and therefore NR.

Federal funds make up 21%, so we are down to 20.58% of federal funding coming from outside of Wyoming.

So do the Grants come from Federal or State or a combination? It is probably fair to say that G&F is about 62 to 68% funded by funds not originating in Wyoming.

I am basing this only on the numbers provided in this thread.

So just to make it easy Wyoming provides 1/50 or 2% of the federal funds. And those non hunters also live outside of Wyoming and therefore NR.

Federal funds make up 21%, so we are down to 20.58% of federal funding coming from outside of Wyoming.

So do the Grants come from Federal or State or a combination? It is probably fair to say that G&F is about 62 to 68% funded by funds not originating in Wyoming.

I am basing this only on the numbers provided in this thread.
There are no non hunters in Wyoming?

Read your link....it's license revenue not total budget. ?
Exactly- it applies to the license revenue since there was "debate" that NR License Revenue was not over 70%. It's part of the "Budget" which provides funds to the overall operation.

Total GF budget: Total $88,563,841

Total license revenue: NR $43,593,085 R$9,599,458 $ 56,363,841

NR license revenue is 77%.

NR license revenue is 49.2% of the total GF budget.

Maybe its just not reading where US adults fall short...math too I guess.

Exactly- it applies to the license revenue since there was "debate" that NR License Revenue was not over 70%. It's part of the "Budget" which provides funds to the overall operation.
Walking it back...

There are no non hunters in Wyoming?

Maybe you don't understand math and you are refusing to answer my question.

So there are hunters and non hunters in Wyoming and Out of Wyoming. Wyoming is 1 state out of 50. Therefore to make it simple, we can assume that Wyoming supports 2% of the federal funding that gets allocated to it through federal PR funding.

Wyoming receives 21% of its budget through Federal funding. Discounted for the 2% that could be allocated to Wyoming this means that, 20.5% of the Wyoming budget is supported through federal funding not from the state of Wyoming.

Based on your numbers, that NR license fees 49.2% of the total budget.

In reading the original comment that stated that 70% of G&F funding comes from Federal and NR, that you said is not true...we are at 69.7% and this does not include the Grant money that I have asked about twice, and did not get answer.

I think it is safe to say that 70% of funding comes from outside of Wyoming and honestly this is great for the State and you should be proud that.

So there are hunters and non hunters in Wyoming and Out of Wyoming. Wyoming is 1 state out of 50. Therefore to make it simple, we can assume that Wyoming supports 2% of the federal funding that gets allocated to it through federal PR funding.

Wyoming receives 21% of its budget through Federal funding. Discounted for the 2% that could be allocated to Wyoming this means that, 20.5% of the Wyoming budget is supported through federal funding not from the state of Wyoming.

In reading the original comment that stated that 70% of G&F funding comes from Federal and NR, that you said is not true...we are at 69.7% and this does not include the Grant money that I have asked about twice, and did not get answer.

I think it is safe to say that 70% of funding comes from outside of Wyoming and honestly this is great for the State and you should be proud that.
?????????

I don't think you understand how federal funds are allocated.

No, nrs do not fund 70% of the budget.

I do wish that nr license fees for doe/fawn and cow/calf tags was greatly increased though.

Absolutely happy that nrs fund 77% of the license revenue.

I don't mind doing the same in Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Alaska, Montana, Colorado, etc.

It all equals out.

how about the 3 mil in interest from all the NR sheep moose goat fees paid and the 2.2 mil access Yes fees we donate to because its on every application and most of us chip in a few bucks

how about the 3 mil in interest from all the NR sheep moose goat fees paid and the 2.2 mil access Yes fees we donate to because its on every application and most of us chip in a few bucks
You do you understand where interests rates are right?

Certainly you don't believe that much interest comes from holding tag fee money for a couple months...do you?

I don't think you understand how federal funds are allocated.

No, nrs do not fund 70% of the budget.

I do wish that nr license fees for doe/fawn and cow/calf tags was greatly increased though.

Absolutely happy that nrs fund 77% of the license revenue.

I don't mind doing the same in Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Alaska, Montana, Colorado, etc.

It all equals out.

I get what you are saying and I understand how the federal funds are allocated and I tried to overly simplify it. And we can argue about how much federal funding wyoming residents contribute vs NRs and what gets allocated but it seems to me that it is getting beyond silly at that point.

I also think it is overly simplified to just say that NRs only fund 77% of the license revenue. And that is their only impact on the budget.

End of the day, the money is with Wyoming and it is going to get spent.

The post spreading misinformation? Yes I read it.
I still don't think so. I said: "Thank goodness for the non-residents and feds that supply greater than 70% of the G&F budget"

I still think that is true, but maybe I am wrong. What you and SS shared pretty much confirms my statement is true even if you beat me down for not being able to read or do math and spew lies...

Non-resident license fees = 49.2% of Budget
Federal Aid = 21%

Add those together and you are greater than 70%, right?

I am sure a case can be made that 50% or more of the interest gained is coming off of non-resident license fees as those feed 50% of the revenue, so there is another 1.5% one could add.

We don't know what % of the $6 million in grants is federal aid, but it might be pretty high? 50% maybe? If we put it there, then that is another 3.5% which puts the total over 75% is from either non-residents or federal assistance, so I think my statement was true when I said over 70%. But maybe I am missing something?

I still don't think so. I said: "Thank goodness for the non-residents and feds that supply greater than 70% of the G&F budget"

I still think that is true, but maybe I am wrong. What you and SS shared pretty much confirms my statement is true even if you beat me down for not being able to read or do math and spew lies...

Non-resident license fees = 49.2% of Budget
Federal Aid = 21%

Add those together and you are greater than 70%, right?

I am sure a case can be made that 50% or more of the interest gained is coming off of non-resident license fees as those feed 50% of the revenue, so there is another 1.5% one could add.

We don't know what % of the $6 million in grants is federal aid, but it might be pretty high? 50% maybe? If we put it there, then that is another 3.5% which puts the total over 75% is from either non-residents or federal assistance, so I think my statement was true when I said over 70%. But maybe I am missing something?
Hahaha what you said is right? Right after you add in another 21%? What a ?

Oh and your math is still wrong.

Hahaha what you said is right? Right after you add in another 21%? What a ?

Oh and your math is still wrong.
But what's wrong? I never said just non-residents license fees. I said "non-residents and feds that supply greater than 70% of the G&F budget." And I am the one that gets torn up for reading comprehension and basic math. I don't know, you guys just want to fight about something. I am pretty sure that what I said was factual.

But maybe I am missing something?

Not sure that you're missing anything. Right or wrong, when discussing WY funding we normally disregard the federal funding portion. Without that line item NR are at about 50% of total dept revenue. Certainly a healthy portion and I'd guess CO may be similar because of their NR allocations. You would think at some point that would get some consideration and perhaps if/when 90/10 for E/D/A comes up it will, but again, it doesn't take much on the resident side to make up the difference. The increase in NR Special Elk licenses would make up a lot of the revenue shortage.

Gives me a nice feeling knowing I've already burnt my WY sheep and moose points so I don't have to contribute anymore.

I used to feel like even though I was getting hosed we were all on the same team so it was all good. those were the days....

Not sure that you're missing anything. Right or wrong, when discussing WY funding we normally disregard the federal funding portion. Without that line item NR are at about 50% of total dept revenue. Certainly a healthy portion and I'd guess CO may be similar because of their NR allocations. You would think at some point that would get some consideration and perhaps if/when 90/10 for E/D/A comes up it will, but again, it doesn't take much on the resident side to make up the difference. The increase in NR Special Elk licenses would make up a lot of the revenue shortage.
I hear ya! If you get rid of the federal portion then non-resident revenue = 62% of the budget in Wyoming. *this is pending Buzz and SS running the numbers, I could be wrong.

Gives me a nice feeling knowing I've already burnt my WY sheep and moose points so I don't have to contribute anymore.

I used to feel like even though I was getting hosed we were all on the same team so it was all good. those were the days....
Yea, we now get to watch Mr. Potato Head act out. ? Poor little guy, he's still sore for the a$$ kicking he got in NM ????.

How's that relationship with WYOGA going? Just curious......

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom