Wyoming Is Great!

FullGrown

I am a new member and just wanted to say hello. I hunted Wyoming in 2014 and had a great time! It was my first western hunting experience. I met some great folks there and I can't wait to go back.

Welcome to MM and glad you like WY like so many others do too.

What part of the state did you hunt and for what species of game?

Any pictures to show us of your hunt?

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

I hunted Area 62. I was fortunate enough to take a very nice bull elk and a decent pronghorn. I have no idea how to post photos, but I will try to figure it out.

I'll agree Wyoming is a great place. I first hunted it in 1976 and I look forward to every time I get to go back. I'm only 4 hours from Laramie which has some really great people and country.

>I'll agree Wyoming is a great
>place. I first hunted
>it in 1976 and I
>look forward to every time
>I get to go back.
> I'm only 4 hours
>from Laramie which has some
>really great people and country.
>

I hunted near Meeteetse. It is very pretty country, at least to this southerner.

I enjoy Wyoming also. Great people and the Game and Fish has always been very helpful,Not like other states that everytime you see a game warden, you get the third degree and walk away feeling like you did something wrong. We stopped at a road side check by Buffalo this year and the wardens were the nicest people and very helpful,it was a great experince.

Here are the pictures of Wade's Lope & Elk...very nice. You can talk about each one now with a story if you which.

2556fullgrownlope.jpg

1945fullgrownelk.jpg

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Wow! I can see why you love Wyoming;).

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never has and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

My lord what a bull!! Great goat to Wade, congratulations! Thanks for sharing. This gets me excited for those draw results next week! Longest weekend of my life!

Thank you! I wish everyone luck in the draws. In my case it was luck. I drew Area 62 with only one point. Yeah, I felt like I had won the lottery. I know the guys who hunted with me had been trying for 7 or 8 years.

Ha! I know how you feel! I drew a LE elk tag in UT with 0 points back in 08. Certainly feels like winning the lotto! Took a small bull (6x6 <300") but one of my most memorable trophies. I put in for 45 special with 6 points this year so it's kind of a coin flip. Good luck to you as well this year. I hope I'm posting similar picks for you guys come October!
Rick

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom