Wyoming Moose - Who put in for what?

30Hart

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Mar-01-12 AT 10:45AM (MST)[p]OK, now that the dealine has passed. Who put in for what? I still have a long way to go with 11 PPs, just a PP for me in July.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-01-12 AT 10:45PM (MST)[p]Resident 38-1...same as applying for a point as I only have 12 points.

In the random again!

You just never know what will happen if you put in. I can't draw an elk tag to save my life in Wyoming, yet I have drawn 5 moose tags over many years. I drew three before they had points and two since. In 2007 I drew a random tag with only three points.

I will say I think those with lots of points better get the job done as moose hunting, in Wyoming, in most units is on its way down. That's too bad but when you can't manage one species it can have very detrimental effects on others.

I wish all of you the best luck in the draws.

Have a good one. BB

N/R with 12 pts....first choice is 38, and second choice is 16/37. Yup, straight into the griz/wolf nest!

I'm still buying points. I will have 8. I know I may never catch up. Sometimes I wonder if on this one I am just paying a tax for being bad at math.

Area 1 with 15 resident points. Looking at about 1:300 odds in the random and probably another 20 years before Im in the max point pool for this area. Sucks that I wasnt old enough to hunt when they started the point system. Could draw most any area with 15 points except the best of areas, but with the way moose hunting is going in Wyoming I think I'll wait the 20 years in hopes of getting a good tag and have a chance at a monster bull.

Blew my 7 points on a cow tag 34 1st choice, 25 2nd choice. I'm moving to montana the end of the month so I figured either waste em or shoot a cow.

Hope you get it Rich. I drew out in 2010 and at $75 a point to start out at the bottom I think I am done with moose in WY.

Hey teamhoyt,
I think your points will transfer to NR status once you move, so you could take them with you. You still have time to withdraw your application if you want a bull down the road.
At least that is the way most states work with points and moving.

The PPs do transfer when you move back and forth from and to Wyoming. You have until April 15th to modify or withdraw from the moose draw, so there is plenty of time to decide what you want to do.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom