wyoming muley question

Web

I'm heading to south fork area in Cody for rifle mule deer season the end of October. was just wondering how the muley numbers are and how they made out from last year.

end of october beginning of November
Funny, I did not understand this statement. Then I realized you were answering my signature that is under all my post. I wish you luck. You will find a lot of helpful folks here. This community can be about sharing. The first thing many of us look at when a question gets asked is how many post they have. Has the poster helped another member out before or are they new. Contributing members are more likely to get help. Your question was very generic, you were not asking for honey holes or anything like that. Hopefully someone will reach out with the information you are looking for.

I hunted up there a few times over the years. Alot of deer where already down on private. We seen good deer on the national forest as well. Get away from the roads and hike or horse back in. If you can only hike try and get a mile + in away from the road hunters. Pick a good valley you can glass and wait. It's a migration route up there. WATCH OUT FOR GRIZZ

Deer hunters should expect deer hunting conditions and success to be similar to or lower compared to the 2020 season. Prolonged drought and increasing CWD prevalence has had a negative impact on Cody region deer. The Cody region observed below average fawn production for a majority of the deer herds during the 2020 deer classifications. A majority of mule deer herds within the Cody region are currently below their population management objectives. Deer overwinter survival appears to be at or below average throughout the Cody region. The season ends Nov. 3rd so plan on hunting the last week for those migrating bucks and hope for early snow. Good luck. https://wgfd.wyo.gov/News/Game-and-Fish-presents-the-2021-fall-hunting-forec

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom