Wyoming Pheasant

W

WyomingMan

I know it's still big game season, but I can't wait until the pheasant opener. Has anyone been seeing any wild pheasants around Wyoming? I have hunted Springer and the walk in areas in Southeast Wyoming for the released pheasants but I am interested in trying another part of the state. I have seen pheasants around the Worland area. How about other potential areas? Has anyone been seeing any wild pheasants?

I will be traveling to Iowa the first week of November, but I still look forward to hunting the praires of Wyoming.

GO POKES!

It's been years but there use to be some a round Riverton. I did see some near Albin on some walk in last week. But what I have seen lots of is Sharp tail. we had a wet Aug. and the CRP is the best I've seen it in years. I'm going out to fill a antelope tag today some I'll keep my eye out again.

I live just inside Nebraska from Torrington and I know there are lots of birds around that area. I am about 3 miles from the border and these are the ones I got in 05. I've heard there are as many or more in the area as last few years. These are from the 05 season less than 500 meters from the house.

IMGP1199sm.jpg

The Mornings End
IMGP1200sm.jpg

Aim Center Mass
rifleman.gif

The Riverton area always seems to hold good populations of birds. Try Ocean Lake and Sand Mesa - take a youth hunting on Youth Only Days. Don't forget about the good chucker populations around the Lander area. Should be a great bird year.

How did everyone do for the opener in Wyoming??? We hit Table Mountain and a walk in area and got our limit or 12 birds, but only 2 were wild I believe. Lots of people out I know that!!!!

GO POKES!

Hunted half a day on a buddies farm south of Torrington. I whacked two birds and jump shot a limit of ducks. Shoulda had a limit on the long tails. Heading back for a few days over Thanksgiving. Everyone and their dog's looked to be hunting the walk in area's we drove past.

Here is a pic of some birds we shot in Northern Wyoming all wild birds we jumped about 25 birds this day they seem to be doing pretty good Not the best pic but I was in a hurry lol.

47525a4736f1d23b.jpg

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom