Wyoming Region G mule deer

S

sstevens

My brother and I drew mule deer tags for region G this fall. Does anyone have any recommendations on a good town to stay in that is close to some trout fishing and public hunting? We are thinking of staying in someplace like Kemmerer or Big Piney (brother wants to stay in a hotel). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-10-10 AT 06:12PM (MST)[p]First off there is only one place in Big Piney and it has not had any vacancies at the hotel/motel for a few years now do to an Oil Company renting the whole place. It is called Big Piney Motel if you want to try anyway...clean place. 307-276-3352
There is a motel in Marbleton just up the road one mile and it is the Marbleton Inn and has a bar/restaurant too. 307-276-5231
In LaBarge there is one that might still be your best chance of getting a room and it is the Wyoming Inn 307-386-2654
There are a few motels in Alpine which is the north entrance to the Greys River region for hunting Region G. Don't have any numbers there for you but just go to www.google.com and enter a town of your choice and motels and you will get the list.
Region G covers a lot of area even out of Greys River area but depends on the weather and migration to make it worth a darn anymore.

Brian
http://i48.tinypic.com/238eb6.jpg[/IMG]

I don't think that Region G is a "hotel" hunting unit. I have stayed in cabins at the bottom of the mountain but the only way you can pull that off is with horses and hitting the trail at 4 am for a 2-3 hour ride to the hunting.

Its really nice weather in mid -sept, great for camping!

The good stuff is on top, hard to hunt that from a Motel. IMO

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Thanks for all of the replies, my brother has a small camper I will show him your replies and try to convince him to "be a man" :)

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom