Wyoming Shed Season Regulations

W

wybhtn

There will be meetings coming up discussing the new regulations for next year regarding the shed season in Wyoming. Here is the press release:

Will discuss horn hunting and late migratory bird seasons
Wyoming Game & Fish
Meetings to discuss Late Migratory Bird Seasons and collection of shed antlers and horns CASPER-The Wyoming Game and Fish Department will be holding a series of public information gathering meetings to discuss changes in Late Migratory Game Bird Hunting Seasons and new regulations on Collection of Shed Antlers and Horns. The meetings will be held at the following locations at 7 p.m.

October 6: Casper, Casper Regional Office
October 6: Green River, Green River Regional Office
October 7: Jackson, Jackson Regional Office
October 8: Pinedale, Pinedale Regional Office

Written comments will be accepted through 5 p.m. Oct. 26 by mailing WGFD, Attn: Regulations, 3030 Energy Lane, Casper, WY 82604. Copies of the proposed regulations are available by contacting the same address.

All comments will be presented to the Wyoming Game and Fish Commission prior to their Nov. 19, public hearing in Laramie. The Game and Fish supports the Americans with Disabilities Act. Every effort will be made for reasonable accommodations by contacting the nearest Game and Fish office.

I see this coming to all Western States in tghe future. Although I hate to see more laws, I do feel that this will be good for deer and elk. fatrooster.

It really is too bad it has come down to this, but as with any freedom that gets abused, laws will surely follow.

48288e6577d023b6.jpg

Whether you shed hunt in Wyoming or not each shed hunter should write a letter to the Wy G&F. The real problem I see with this is we already have laws protecting our big game that are not enforced! Putting new laws in place dont do a dang thing if you dont have people to enforce them. So whats the point other than making a few legislatures feel like they are doing a "good thing".

I understood this to just be on the west side of the state is it going to be state wide?? If it is state wide I would understand but it is truly sad that we would have to do it on the west side to keep our neighbors under control!!

From WY G&F:

Following a series of public meetings the Wyoming Game and Fish Commission has enacted a regulation to establish a season for the collection of shed antlers and horns on public lands west of the Continental Divide.
Under the regulation, shed antler gathering is prohibited on most public lands west of the Continental Divide between Jan. 1 and Apr. 30.
Public lands in the Great Divide Basin are excluded from the regulation.
Public lands include federal lands and lands owned or administered by the Wyoming Game and Fish Commission. The regulation will not affect most winter ranges in Teton County which are already off limits to antler gathering from December through April.

The purpose of the regulation is to minimize harassment or disturbance of big game animals on their winter and spring ranges when animals are most vulnerable to stress as well as potential displacement to less productive habitats. Colorado and Utah already have similar regulations.

The regulation was made possible by legislation (W.S. 23-1-302) in the 2009 legislative session that gave the Wyoming Game and Fish Commission authority to regulate and control the collection of shed antlers and horns of big game animals west of the Continental Divide.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom