Wyoming Speed Goats Unit 67

juice

My cute little wife finally drew a goat tag for Unit 67. Looking for some general info and starting points. I'd like to find her an above average buck.
Thanks!

You'll have no problem for that plenty of area to hunt...start looking at BLM land...good luck.

Juice,
I killed one of my best antelope in that unit, but it was about 40 years ago, so things have definitely changed.
In my mind there are two ways to go about hunting antelope, especially in a unit you have never hunted. The first way is to go a few days before the hunt with maps in hand. Scout out the entire area and find a good buck or two that you want to go after. Try to put it to bed the night before and be on it first thing when the hunt opens. That's how I killed my buck in that unit years ago.
The other possibility is to not even go until toward the end of September when the rut is on. Get high and glass does and watch for rutting bucks. Sometimes a monster comes out of the woodwork that nobody has seen. The later in the hunt option always has less competition. In my old age I prefer the later of the two options, but that's me.
The early option usually brings nicer weather, perhaps a little better for your wife. The late option is always a crap shoot if weather doesn't cooperate, but it is fun watching the bucks fight over the does.
My experience is most Wyoming units have good antelope numbers and the hard part is holding out for a good buck with so many to choose from.
Hope that helps a little. Best of luck to you and the little lady.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom