wyoming type 2 license

rifleman

can someone explain what kind of license this is? its been a while since i'v been there. i know type 1 is any antelope and type 6 is doe/fawn.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-11 AT 07:50PM (MST)[p]It depends on the species and hunt area. In some cases, type 2 could be a different season for a bull hunt. In other cases, it may mean cow/calf only. It is best to look at the proclamation to know for sure.

A quick look at NR application book for antelope it appears all Type 2 are any antelope. But again, check it out for yourself. Go to the G&F website, and download the book.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-16-11 AT 08:54PM (MST)[p]Here is your answer right out of the current 2011 Application Booklet:

A number in the type column simply indicates a limitation for that
license. This limitation can be for the sex of animal, the species of animal,
the length of season, the type of weapon or portion of the hunt area in
which the license is valid. A hunt area can offer both general and one or
more limited quota types. To understand the provisions applicable to
a license, please read the limitations column of the license type
for which you are applying. Please verify the type you have applied
for is the one you want.
Type Description
Type 1 & 2 Full Price Antlered or Any
Type 3 Full Price Any White-Tailed Deer
Type 4 & 5 Full Price Antlerless
Type 6 & 7 Reduced Price Doe/Fawn or Cow/Calf
Type 8 Reduced Price Doe/Fawn White-Tailed Deer or Cow/Calf
Type 9 Full Price Archery Only
Type 0 Full Price Other Specialty Weapon Only

i was looking at a unit for antelope and has both a type 1 and 2. both say any antelope, but type 2 is not legal to use until later in the season. i was thinking it might have been some sort of primative weapon tag or something. couldn't find it in the regs.

Here is an example:
Antelope Unit 73 Type 2 means that the season is Oct 12-31 in 2009 this is the tag I had then. A 73-1 is Sept 15 to Oct 31...difference is opener and later in seasonand both were for any antlered antelope.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom