WYOMING WARNING

MulePacker

Here is a statement made in the general hunting forum by Bob Wharff concerning SFW's working with the Governor concerning a newly alloted Buffalo tag.

"Who the **** are you to say how much WY SFW should be able to keep? If the Governor said WY SFW could keep 100%, who are you to question that? There is absolutely no restrictions in statute. As has already been stated on mm, a "gentlemen's agreement" exists. That agreement was established between Governor Freudenthal and a few selected organizations. Did it offend anyone when he changed the previous system? Probably did but guess what, it was changed none-the-less! Is Governor Mead obligated to do things exactly as his predecessor? I don't think so."

I would bring attention to the term Mr. Wharff used "gentlemen's agreement".

As a sportsman I beleive this is a threatening path your Governor is going down. This is exactly what led to Utah's out of control Management system with money tags. Most of the train wreck started through "gentlemen's agreements".

I would suggest you jump on this and insure that there is equality in the definition of this new tag consistent with the others.

Although I may not be able to question your Governor, as residents you have every right to question your Public Servants and I would before they have been seduced into partnerships with SFW.

I have known Bob a long time, I believe he is a good man. However, if he is defending policy because of loosely agreed to terms it causes me great concern that the train (WYSFW) is heading down simliar tracks to Utah and justifying it because the Governor said so.

Travis---Thanks for quoting that section of a post that, as you know, was directed at/to me by Bob Wharff, Executive Director of the WYSFW, in the thread you referenced on the General Forum. Just so everyone is aware of everything, I thought I should make this post. Since that thread got started by Bob announcing the Bison tag raffle, I have been in touch with BuzzH, as he sits on the Moose Committee that oversees the money generated by those 5 particular Governor's Complimentary Licenses. 90% of the money generated by each of the 20 licenses in existence before the Bill in question was signed into law has always gone into a fund administered by each Committee for that particular animal. The other 10% has always gone to the seller of the tag for overhead expenses. With the passage of the Bill that WYSFW sought through the Legislature, 5 Bison tags have been added to the 20 already in existence (5 each for sheep, moose, deer, and elk). However, when the first Bison License was asked for and given to the WYSFW about as fast as the ink had dried on the Governor's signature, they were offered a 70/30 split, rather than the 90/10 split in existence for the other organizations selling the other tags. It has now come to light that there is nothing in writing stipulating the 90/10 split and, thus, I coined the split a "gentlemen's agreement". IMHO that 70/30 split offer should have been rejected by the WYSFW and it should have stayed at 90/10 like the others, but WYSFW "graciously", as Bob himself put it, accepted the extra 20%! This should bring others up to speed on what is going on regarding the huge disagreement that about 99% of the posting members have with what we have found out, as I just described and Bob's thoughts on the matter that Travis posted to start this thread. In conclusion, I'm in 100% agreement with the statement Travis made at the end of his opening postand why I'm openly speaking out against Bob and the WYSFW on this subject. I hope everyone agrees with our feelings on this matter and I thank you for your time reading this!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-04-13 AT 10:55PM (MST)[p]
Wow Topgun,

You can write a well thought out post without calling names and belittling others. I'm proud of you, son!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom