X9A

S

sethlopez85

I drew X9a this year and would like some advice on where to hunt. I know the area ok but any advice would help. Thank

>Hunt above Grant Lake.
>pc

Nope, no deer up there. Probably be better off hunting above convict lake.

Richard

Season starts in just a few days can not wait. Rain all week and drop in temp should help. Just wondering how many MM people will be up there hunting? I have my deer honey hole
picked out already, if i fill my tag i would like to go after bear does any one know good spots to go ater bear i would appreciate any tips... Thanks and good luck to all.

My drinking buddies have a hunting problem

I will be there starting next saturday

" I have never been lost, but I will admit to being confused for several weeks"
Daniel Boone

LAST EDITED ON Sep-16-11 AT 09:57PM (MST)[p]Check out Jordan Basin off the top of Conway Summit...usually some good ones hangin' around the big aspen patches.

It is killing me not being out there for opener!!!!!! Good luck to you all. I will be ther as soon as I get off work friday :)

Daniel Boone

LAST EDITED ON Sep-21-11 AT 05:27AM (MST)[p]I took this buck opening morning at 8am from 562 yrd. There where two buck a nice 3x3 and this one.. I got them mixed up when i shot but i didn't mind, still meat in the freezer. I don't eat antlers and sure dont like tag soup. Thought i would share a few pics.
73002011-09-17_08-57-16_793.jpg

38132011-09-17_09-16-47_982.jpg

4520312371_1848027575139_1674203211_1318488_1885360954_n.jpg

Nice buck!
I can see from the pics that you did some good scouting & found a little honey hole away from the crowds.
BTW - If I known you were in that area, I would have told ya about my water stash located 500 yds down the draw just to the south.
Good shooting!

Nice buck.....congrats on finding a good looking woman that will kiss a decapitated deer head. That is a rare find! LOL...she's a keeper.

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

Wiszard
I was thinking the same thing. She has to be a keeper.
Nice Buck. Good looking area too.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

here is the 7 day outlook for X9A if any are interseted.

Special Weather Statement

Today: Isolated showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 70. Southwest wind between 5 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Tonight: Isolated showers and thunderstorms before 9pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 42. West wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Saturday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 64. Breezy, with a south wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to between 20 and 25 mph. Winds could gust as high as 40 mph.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 44. Southwest wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 59. Southwest wind between 10 and 15 mph.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 42.

Monday: Partly sunny, with a high near 59.

Monday Night: A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy and breezy, with a low around 38.

Tuesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 55.

Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy and breezy, with a low around 41.

Wednesday: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy and breezy, with a high near 49.

Wednesday Night: Rain and snow. Cloudy and breezy, with a low around 30.

Thursday: A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 44.

Daniel Boone

Looking alittle better mid week for X9A

Winter Storm Watch
Special Weather Statement

This Afternoon: Mostly sunny, with a high near 64. South wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 47. Southwest wind between 10 and 15 mph.

Monday: Isolated thunderstorms after 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 57. Breezy, with a south wind between 10 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Monday Night: Isolated showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39. Breezy, with a south wind 20 to 25 mph decreasing to between 10 and 15 mph. Winds could gust as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Tuesday: A 20 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 51. Southwest wind between 10 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Tuesday Night: A chance of rain after 11pm. Snow level 9000 feet. Mostly cloudy and breezy, with a low around 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Wednesday: Snow. High near 43. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Wednesday Night: Snow showers likely. Cloudy and breezy, with a low around 29.

Thursday: A chance of snow showers. Cloudy, with a high near 41.

Thursday Night: A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 30.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 51.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 33.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 58.

Daniel Boone

Were back early and 3 for 3. Its late and I'm beat but heres the quick rundown, Wife got her first deer (4x4), buddy got his first rifle buck (2x3), and I ended up making my longest shot ever on a deer at 363 yards taking a 3x4.

Richard

040small.jpg

Thanks guys. Yeah i have more pics but i may get kicked off this sit if i post them... Congrats on your three bucks that's awesome..

WTG guys!!!!!!! nice bucks.

Daniel Boone

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom