X9C

T

tahoot

I know it's a low density area with tough hunting but, theres a possiblity of nice bucks. Putting in for it this year any help would be appreciated.

Don't waste your time. X-9-C shouldn't even be an X zone. There's no good bucks in that god forsaken zone. Put in for D-7 lots more bucks there. Thanks, Brownie.

I'm not sure where "you" are hunting in X-9C but I have taken several nice bucks....the best one a 30", 4 x 4 and I guided my son to a 28", 5 x 5. Over the last decade I have taken 6 bucks out of 6 hunts from X-9C.
Now, I have been hunting the eastern sierras for 33 years (mostly X-9C and once in a blue moon X-12) and have a handle on where the deer are located. I would encourage anyone thats interested in hunting X-9C to spend a few days in September scouting......you might be surprised how many deer you will see before the hunting season starts.
Good luck
Paul

x9c is a dismal hunt. Some hunters score and some mostly do not.
Tough hunt.
I would look elsewhere if you have points.
Way farther North.

T

In my opinion, if you really want this hunt, get the best hiking boots on the market. Get in the best shape of your life. Get ready to not have access to some of the higher elevations. And know the current Boundery lines of the Death Valley National Park area. Rent a plane for scouting, cause you can send days not seeing a thing. If there is some winter storms before the hunt begins, drive into Neveda & work your way back toward the zone. Real tough hunt!

You guys either don't want anybody hunting there or it is a bad hunt for sure .You sound convinceing to me.

The locals around this beautiful area call it X9-no c em. That explains a lot. But be weary of Brownie and mulebuck, they can be deceiving, in their posts. haha.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom