Yak4fish Big Game hunt 2012

yak4fish

I have to say I was very disappointed when I didn't draw my first choice Deer hunt and ended up drawing my second choice 12/16B/16C. I went into this hunt expecting nothing more than a camping trip with hikes carrying my rifle around watching ATV?s race around on the roads. I ended up drawing a cow tag for the same area with the hope it would increase my odds of being successful.
Turns out I ended up having a great trip the crowded hunts I remember from back in the 80?s didn't happen. We found a prime camping spot easily the hunter numbers were far less than expected.
Enjoy the pictures.
Camp for the Week
9482hunt_1.jpg

View from skline drive.
6269hunt_2.jpg

7506hunt_3.jpg

We saw lots does most had healty fawns with them.
1286hunt_4.jpg

Shot my cow elk in a snow storm.
4511hunt_5.jpg

2142hunt_6.jpg

Tired and cold from packing elk quartes 1000 vertical feet down to a road.Why do I allways get my elk in these nasty spots.
3294hunt_7.jpg

Next day while I was putting my boots on in the tent.BOOM! My brother shoots a forked horn buck 50 yards from the tent.
4991hunt_8.jpg

Randum picture below.
7524hunt_9.jpg

Got really cold the last two days but we had plenty of wood for the stove to keep us comfortable.
4072hunt_10.jpg

398hunt_11.jpg

5344hunt_12.jpg

Ended up having a great and successful trip back in the old area we used to hunt in the 80's.
Remember to put in for those second choice hunts you just might have fun, I did.
Allen

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom