Yellowstone trip help

Wantabee

I am heading to Yellowstone with the family for the first time. I would love to find a hike that we would be able to see some shed antlers, I know we can not pick them up, but sure would be fun to have the kids and I find some to look at. I know some of you have done this, I was hoping some one could point me in the right direction. Any help would be great. Thanks
Chad

The large basins between Tower Falls and Mt Washburn are full of elk antlers...ALSO prime Grizzly territory so be alert. Never hiked it but, pull off along the side of the road and set up a scope and there's plenty of bone to be seen! Have fun. It should be LUSH up there this year.

Hmm...After these responses, I wonder how many guys right now are planning how they can sneak that bone out. Hopefully none but...maybe a PM would be a better option. Too late now though I guess.

Bone picker the first thing i thought too was well... there goes those sheds, hahaha! good call! Find the horn Goose!

Yeah I am looking for a place in Utah where I can go and just look at the sheds too and not pick them up and not haul them off the mountain.. Ha ha that is funny, I hope all that bone stays on the mountain ha ha.

Yeah I'm sure some of that goes on up there. I turned in a couple dudes a few years back. Never did hear the outcome. Look but don't touch! They're serious about it up there.

lamar valley if pretty open country, they can watch you from miles. and i think you can pick up but just put it back. cause there was a 350 class dead bull in the river and some fisherman picked it up and the park people never said a thing.

Zigga your right, i'm on my way there now. I'll post pictures when i get back guys! (jk)Find the horn Goose!

No kidding, just to see all those ATLs would be awesome! I don't know that I would trust myself to keep my hands off though :) Be sure to take pictures!

Here are a few pictures, we did about 45 min hike 3 buffalo skulls and about 20 elk sheds. And for you criminaly minded individuals all shed are still where they lay, if you need the thrill of breaking the law :). Thanks guys for the pointers had a great trip.

3043lamar_valley.jpg

8572kids_and_shed.jpg

3493buff_skull.jpg

6581griz_w_cubs.jpg

Looks like you had an awesome trip. So the last picture is that a buffalo or a bear and a cub?? Kind of hard to tell, or maybe sasquatch and a buddy looking for sheds.. That is a awesome buffalo skull. Thanks for the pictures.

Wantabee, I was in Lamar Valley this last Sunday 6/12 and found really cool 8 point brown antler and some others including buffalo dead head. PM me with your email and I will send the pics to you and you can post them if you would like. 3DEER

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom