You will not believe this!!!

D

deerslayer1

LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-14 AT 11:30AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-14 AT 10:37?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-14 AT 10:26?AM (MST)

Idaho holds a special place in my life. Being raised there, having family that resides there, and learning to hunt in such pristine wilderness. I travel multiple times a year for work to see my relatives, and to bring my friends and family to such an awesome place. Last week while returning from another successful hunt, the most unbelievable thing happened! I stopped at the busy Chevron in Horseshoe Bend to fill up the truck when I was approached by another hunter(term used loosely). He said, " Looks like you got a nice one! Look at what I just killed!" As his jack-o-lantern smile glistened in the sun. I cautiously turned to look and was appalled at the sight before me. I snapped this picture of his "trophy". His baby buck was strapped to the hood of his car! Not skinned, barely gutted, STRAPPED TO THE HOOD! His license plate is canyon county, so he at least another 1-1.5 hour drive home. Immediately I was simultaneously disgusted and angered. His sh!t eating grin made my blood boil! What would you do in this situation? This obvious waste of meat makes ALL hunters look BAD! Not to mention Idaho in general. I know this situation was rare, as I have never seen this in 20 years of hunting but it made me wonder how others would have reacted. Thanks all, good luck hunting!
1711deerslayer1_110514.jpg

Im SORRY!!! Cant upload the photo for some reason. sent in an email to monster muley for help. If anyone can help me or I can send you the pic to upload let me know!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-14 AT 10:54AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-14 AT 10:54?AM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Nov-05-14 AT 10:54?AM (MST)

Send it to me if you want.

outdoordan@aol

Looks fully gutted to me.
I wish he would have strapped it up on top of the roof instead of on a hot hood.

Was away from computer, looks like mm got you hooked up.

Pretty dirtbag if you ask me. Did you say something to him? He probably wouldn't have understood.

I guess its hard to tell in the pic but it was not fully gutted...had a mess still inside it near the tail end. Strap it to the roof??? Would be better but still not adequate. How about quartering it out at least or de-boning it completely. Throw the bags of meat in a game bag, then into the truck. Common sense isn't so common I guess. The last thing anyone should do is strap it to a hot hood. Haha, rediculous. This is a perfect example of how us hunters will lose our rights! The wrong people see this driving down the road and at once again, hunters are all hillbillies. This guy was a moron!

Been bangin that drum for a bit deerslayer. Completely agree. Sayin much to him would have probably been a waste of yer time. The only thing to hang yer hat on is I bet he gets a deer about every 5 yrs.

I would hate to see what he would have done with an elk.... probably just drag it behind his vehicle all the way home! lol... your right DW, he did say it had been a while since he got an animal.

Been alotta yrs but we were in Wyoming goin thru a check station. We were allowed, I forget if it was 5 or 7 doe antelope apiece. In front of us, on a flatbed trailer with Indiana plates, was 4 guys limit of unskun does, lookin just like yer pic, stacked like cord wood! 65 degrees out headin to indiana! How they weren't cited is beyond me. I bet they couldn't feed it to their dogs.

sure hope he dont have far to drive the heat from the engine and the warm weather is not a good combo thats why people say there game taste terrible its not taken care of right

Wow.

If he (hopefully) got a ticket on the way home, I'm sure he'll be hard pressed to afford a deer tag next year.

I am assuming it was legal????....if so it is his deer, get off your high horse.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of the President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be occupied by a downright fool and complete narcissistic moron."
- H.L. Mencken, the Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920

I grew up in Michigan most people in 1980's didn't own trucks. Saw a lot of deer w/hides on tied to car's. The hood seems a little questionable. If I saw it in person I would have taken picture and put on people of Wal-Mart website! Good for laugh not worth losing sleep over.

I agree it looks stupid and not a good look for hunters but i doubt that the meat will spoil.... even on the hood (which i wouldnt ever do)as long as its not a real hot day and an overly long drive. I dont know what the temp was but doesnt look too hot. Im not agreeing with the guys ways, but if i was a betting man, id say meat made it home ok.

Travis

That's Hilarius, I bet by the time he got to the top of the grade coming out of horseshoe bend the bottom of that deer was cooked.

....and what was shotgun1 saying about Utah hunters?

I think you'll run into guys like him where ever you go. It's not confined to any single State.

The deer is his to "use" how he wants but that thing is an unusable mess and the antis love to view us all like this jackwagons is!

I agree with the others, saying anything to him would have been futile.

Thanks for the laugh,
Zeke

You don't know anything about this guy, certainly not enough to hurl so much criticism his way.

If he was proudly displaying a small buck like that then it is very likely that he is new to hunting and felt he had accomplished something great and was proud of it. As a new hunter it would be wrong for us to judge him for not being perfect in his meat handling techniques. Maybe he hasn't learned some of the things that most of us already know and perhaps he hasn't had the benefit of being taught by someone with experience. As he continues hunting he will eventually learn better.

Now lets assume he is new to hunting and was feeling pretty high on the hog, then he comes on here and sees his accomplishment being derided. He may give up hunting altogether and we have lost a voice on our side.

My point is that I am inclined to give this guy the benefit of the doubt; maybe he was doing the best he knew how and isn't aware of the things he doesn't know.

>You don't know anything about this
>guy, certainly not enough to
>hurl so much criticism his
>way.
>
>If he was proudly displaying a
>small buck like that then
>it is very likely that
>he is new to hunting
>and felt he had accomplished
>something great and was proud
>of it. As a
>new hunter it would be
>wrong for us to judge
>him for not being perfect
>in his meat handling techniques.
> Maybe he hasn't learned
>some of the things that
>most of us already know
>and perhaps he hasn't had
>the benefit of being taught
>by someone with experience.
>As he continues hunting he
>will eventually learn better.
>
>Now lets assume he is new
>to hunting and was feeling
>pretty high on the hog,
>then he comes on here
>and sees his accomplishment being
>derided. He may give
>up hunting altogether and we
>have lost a voice on
>our side.
>
>My point is that I am
>inclined to give this guy
>the benefit of the doubt;
>maybe he was doing the
>best he knew how and
>isn't aware of the things
>he doesn't know.

Best post on this yet.

looks to me he had no room and probably his/her fist deer! I would still contest of giving hunters a bad name due to children not waiting to look at a bloody deer it gives hunters a bad name! we have to be ethical and respect non hunters! he should of strap something else to his hood...I would of said something but I am very opinionated!!!!!!!!!!

We do not have to be respectful of anti hunters fug um!! Gays get married, people smoke weed legally because it's their right! Well hunting is our right!!!! Good for the guys harvest

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom