your best concert

Both at McNichols Arena, Denver

1979 Earth, Wind and Fire. Great horn section.

86 or so...Opening act I cant remember, then Southern Pacific, then Ricky Skaggs...midway through his set we realized there were unattended seats about 5 rows back, center stage, so, we sat there. George Strait closed out. Yea, women threw their underwear,

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

Zappa. Any show anywhere. Rush runner up. Jethro Tull for that wild one off that makes you say "wtf was that?". Doors, another wow.

Bluehair
Splitting my time time between the winter and summer range......
May you live long enough to cash in those preference points. Amen

Crap, forgot about King Crimson at Grady Gammage auditorium at ASU. Was also pretty cool seeing John Cougar whatever his name was get hit in the head with a Jack Daniels bottle at Sun Devil Stadium. :)

Bluehair

Staler Brothers Ronnie Milsap and....Tammy Wynet. Half way through her set she stopped and called me up to help her off the stage. At the bottom of the stairs she spun me around and gave me a big french kiss. My wife is still upset. Tells me I didn't have to "kiss her back" to which I respond "that wasn't her back". I must love the dog house, I spend a lot of time there. Tammy was a lot better looking in person than on TV.

1977 Day on the green Oakland Coliseum. Eagles, Steve Miller, Foreigner, Heart and Atlanta Rythem Section. Awesome. Dwight Yocum had a good concert too. For a fun time saw Jan and Dean and The Beach Boys

>the doors ,,,, damn

Yes! I'm real close to being 70
I could add a lot more.
They would have a lot of top bands play at the Santa Rosa Fairgrounds
We would also go down to the Fillmore in San Francisco
to see a lot of the top rock bands in my high school years

I'm told I had a pretty good time at Ted Nugent 1976 in Sacramento but I'm not sure I can verify that. Stranglehold, Cat Scratch Fever... the good stuff before he went crazy.

>Woodstock 1969 17 yrs old
>

I've been told that if you can remember Woodstock you weren't there. j/k

I've only been to one. Ringo Starr and his all star Band. I took a lighter.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-06-19 AT 12:21PM (MST)[p]I'd have to say its a toss up between Joe Walsh in Boise and Joe Walsh in Phoenix for the best show.
Just seen the Stones in Glendale AZ a few weeks ago, no doubt it was one of the best shows I ever went to.

>I'm told I had a pretty
>good time at Ted Nugent
>1976 in Sacramento but I'm
>not sure I can verify
>that. Stranglehold, Cat Scratch Fever...
>the good stuff before he
>went crazy.

At least he ain?t no dam okie ?

>I'm told I had a pretty
>good time at Ted Nugent
>1976 in Sacramento but I'm
>not sure I can verify
>that. Stranglehold, Cat Scratch Fever...
>the good stuff before he
>went crazy.

Hey NVB?

So You Must of Inhaled?:D

Did He Sing WDSP?

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

Little Big Town!

The Brune gave me the Same Treatment as what littleBull Posted above!:D

I know so many people in so many places
They make allot of money but they got sad faces

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

>Staler Brothers Ronnie Milsap and....Tammy Wynet.
>Half way through her set
>she stopped and called me
>up to help her off
>the stage. At the bottom
>of the stairs she spun
>me around and gave me
>a big french kiss. My
>wife is still upset. Tells
>me I didn't have to
>"kiss her back" to which
>I respond "that wasn't her
>back". I must love the
>dog house, I spend a
>lot of time there. Tammy
>was a lot better looking
>in person than on TV.
>
lol....so....Tammy Wynette french kissed YOU??...just out of nowhere??? Where was George??

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

PICS!!!!

?Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. "

Clint Black was only ok, Ronnie Milsap was pretty good. TG Sheppard was awesome. His band had nothing but good things to say about him. I gave him a tour of TOPGUN. His wife, at the time, had the biggest man made boobs I have ever seen.

Roy Clark...good concert, great person to talk with.

Joe Diffie has a very pure voice.

I was front row for Billy Dean; he opened up for Tanya Tucker. He and his band had just split, so he did everything by himself. Great voice. He and Tanya Tucker did a couple duets that were pretty good. She was still youthful looking, and darn cute back then.

True story time....a few years later I got a call from a buddy of mine. His aunt was wondering if I could give her a tour of TOPGUN. I said ok...and 'when will she be here?' 'Well, she is at the front gate'. He was a great guy, so I put a few things aside and gave her a tour and got her a couple shirts/caps. We started talking about Navy stuff over lunch and she mentioned that her nephew had said I had a 'different' sense of humor and that I had a crush on Tanya Tucker. One thing led to another and I ended up telling her that Tanya Tucker was in my will.

She was curious, so I explained that when I die, I wanted to be cremated and have my ashes put in a 'feminine hygiene applicator' and given to Tanya because that was the only way I would ever get in there.

Soooo, as it turned out, this lady was number two at the largest record lable in Nashville, and she would be glad to get an autographed picture.

I got it alright, with the initials 'NFW' under her 'love, Tanya' signature,

> Little Big Town!
>
>The Brune gave me the Same
>Treatment as what littleBull Posted
>above!:D

lol...yeah...right

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

>> Little Big Town!
>>
>>The Brune gave me the Same
>>Treatment as what littleBull Posted
>>above!:D
>
>
>lol...yeah...right

Meatloaf did the same thing to me but I ain't on here braggin about it.

Bluehair

SRV at The Crossroads in Nacogdoches. He played there at few times back in college, small dive bar.

I am missing a bit of Saturday night
Creedence Clearwater, , Grateful Dead, , Mountain, Janis Joplin, the Who , SLY and the Family Stone and Jefferson Airplane

Heckuva lineup

>>Woodstock 1969 17 yrs old
>>
>
>I've been told that if you
>can remember Woodstock you weren't
>there. j/k
>
>I've only been to one. Ringo
>Starr and his all star
>Band. I took a lighter.
>

Damn. Lost that bet. Told the wife, fifty says Eels is The Glenn Miller Orchestra.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-07-19 AT 02:29PM (MST)[p]I forgot one! I went to see Willie Nelson with my brother at our local college. Willie was ok but his son Lukas Nelson stole the show.

And when it was over the locals threw about 10 pounds of weed on the stage. Willie admits he comes here for the marijuana.

1911, you must have hit your head recently, or you were thinking of Kilowatt.

Jason Boland and the Stragglers, Cody Canada and the Departed, and Shooter Jennings in a hay field in Meeker, CO.

Close second goes to Randy Rogers and Wade Bowen with Miranda Lambert at Red Rocks.

Third is Nitty Gritty Dirt Band at the Rod and Gun Club in Vernal Utah

I haven't been to very many concerts over the years, but I have been to a couple of Stones concerts, The Who, Paul McCartney, Boz Scaggs, and Elton John. They were all great in there own way. My wife has a much better resume. She has seen the Doors, Grateful Dead, Jimi Hendrix, Sly and the Family Stone, Fleetwood Mac, Jethro Tull, and others. She has a magnetic sign on the refrigerator that says "I may be old, but I got to see all the great bands". She is still pissed at her mother
who wouldn't let her see the Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl, when her childhood friend invited her.
Oh, almost forgot. I did see Fleetwood Mac, but not in concert. All of them came into a restaurant in Malibu, Ca. called "Moonshadows", while I was a broiler cook in the mid to late '70's. I only saw them when I literally, had to step over each of them while leaving the restaurant around
midnight. They were all crawling on their hands and knees, while a limo was waiting out front. They were so messed up from drinking and doing lines on the dinner table all night long. I didn't know who they were until I turned around after I stepped over the last one. Mick Fleetwood looked up at me and just groaned.

I saw Joe Diffie, Boy Howdy and Diamond Rio for free in Kennewick Wash back in the 1994, and Joe Diffie was good. Alan Jackson in 1994 also and he was fantastic.
The Eagles in 2002 was the most inspiring performance. Santana with Buddy Miles and Montrose in 1972 was my first concert.

No metalheads on here, so I'll chime in:
Pantera 1990 in tiny bar in east side of Jacksonville, FL
Metallica Feb 1989.
Slayer a couple years ago.

Bluegrass!: Del McCoury about everytime i see him. Larry Keel at Durango Meltdown 2019, several shows added up to my fave of seeing him for 20 years. Alison Krauss at Rockygrass 2013?
Larry Keel, Tony Rice, Vassar Clemens at Suwannee Springfest 2001?

I know you said "concert" but i have been to boatloads of them and I love live music so much i have seen many great ones! Here's to many more!

i meant west side of Jax, FL

Also Rolling Stones Steel Wheels tour, Ozzy Osbourne, and on the non-metal side: the Vigilantes of Love, Whiskeytown, Blue Mountain

Merle !! Saw him many times over the years in large venues but in Sept. 2013 he came here to the little Siskiyou County fairgrounds and did a benifit show for "Fair Aid". It was one of his last shows. RIP Hag !! Second would have to be Allison Krauss and Union Station at the Britt Festival in Southern Oregon, she was awesome. I like the smaller venues.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom