Youth 2B Hunt

WapitiDave

I was wondering if anyone had any success on the Deer Muzzleloader hunt that ended last week. My daughter has the youth deer tag in a couple of weeks but work may not allow me to get out there this weekend to scout. Any suggestions as to where we might get her into a young fork horn would be appreciated.

Thanks for any help given.

WapitiDave

I was up there last weekend scouting. I saw two small forkies up on Caracas Mesa. I think your best bet might be to talk with some of the oil and gas guys up there. I also had decent luck in years past down in the lower portions closer to Navajo Lake. Good luck! I hope you guys get one!

I missed a nice one on 357 south of cedar springs. That's where I saw the few bucks I did. We had a full moon and that sucked! I think it will be better when you get there. Let me know if you have any more questions.

It's south. Follow 314 from hwy 64 to the intersection of 357. A left would take you to Cedar springs campground and a right would take you south down 357 to the 2c border. I helped a guy drag out a 4x4 buck about a mile past the intersection on 314. Only buck I saw shot in seven days.

Any pictures from this weekend's hunt? We hunted the blm side of the unit and seen 2 bucks in 3 days of hunting but couldn't get my daughter a good shot. Had a good time though. She still has her elk hunt in a few weeks.

WD

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom