Youth 34 success

elkmuzzleloader

I took my cousin out this last weekend in 34 to hunt his first bull. After 5 years of trying to get a tag he finally did. He has hunted the YE tag in the past and always killed a cow but now it was his turn to finally get that bull. Friday we walked around a bunch and did some calling to find the bulls. Only heard 5 bugles all afternoon. Saturday started early and windy. We went to the spot we heard the most bugles from on Friday and headed up the hill. Started cow calling and got no response so I bugled a few times and still nothing. We were starting to get a little frustrated with the lack of calls. Then my cousin said he saw some elk. I got down and he moved forward into position. He then called me down to him and we waited for the bull to turn broadside. He took his shot and anchored this bull. What a great trip.
Paul thank you very much for the ideas.
3410prestons_bull0002.jpg

2150prestons_bull0007.jpg

2021prestons_bull0013.jpg

6378prestons_bull0017.jpg

elkmuzzleloader... Congratulations to the young hunter!!

Hunting is Life...everything else is
Just details.
Ol' Buzztail...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom