Youth Antelope Questions

ORIONTHEHUNTER

Very Active Member
Hey guys my daughter drew another non resident youth antelope tag. Two years in a row lucky sucker. Her tag is the 1-147 tag which is October 21-23rd. It encompasses units 41,42,43 east of hwy 3, 46,47,48, 54,55,56,57,58, and 59. My question is are any of these units better than the others and is the public good or do I need to start finding some private for her. Thanks here is a picture of the buck she took last year down by Roswell
50407tanlope.jpg

Have you looked at her license? If I'm not mistaken there should be a ranch she was assigned to. The 1-121 hunt is in the same area and I've been assigned to a specific ranch each time I've drawn.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-12-17 AT 09:35PM (MST)[p]Yeah the youth tags aren't assigned ranches like the adult tags. There are few youth tags that are, but this one isn't. Thank you though

>Which ranch were you assigned just
>out of curiousity.

I believe it's Ganado or something like that. Still waiting to see where it is. I drew Kirk Kennedy's place in 2013 and 2014.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-19-17 AT 02:26PM (MST)[p]My son had a ranch hunt up near there last year. I guess it might have been a bit farther north. It was on the UTE Cattle Creek Ranch just west of HWY 102 in Bueyeros, NM. We were very fortunate to find the one he took. Seemed like all the antelope were on the other side of the road and out of our authorized area. As far as I could tell, my son and one other gentleman were successful and those were the only 2 antelope we saw in our area. I hope your daughter is successful once again.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom