Youth Antelope?

LoveBigRacks

My hunting partner and I applied for deer and antelope tags in WY this year and are sure to draw our antelope tags at the very least. I'd like to bring my 13 yr old son along and have heard there's an opportunity to buy him an antelope tag. He doesn't have any points but my buddy and I do. Is there a way I can buy him an OTC antelope tag or some other method of obtaining him a tag so he can shoot a lope during our hunt? Thanks guys.

LBR

You should be able to go and apply under your party Number for a lic. for your son. You all will have to use your partners and your prefrence points together so check and make sure you will still have enough points to draw. If not you will be able to get him a doe tag for $33. Note if for instance you have 2 points, your partner has 2 points and your son has zero points you individuly have 1.333 points in the draw. You only have until the 15th to draw.
W

Okay, that makes sense thanks Walleyed.

If I wanted to just buy him the $33 doe tag do I have to apply for that as well or is it OTC?

You can buy leftover OTC doe/fawn tags at various "sportsman" stores within the area. I'd call F&G to find out what the chances are that there will be leftover tags in the area you're hunting. Otherwise, you can put in for the draw and more than likely draw a doe/fawn tag with no problems....I would guess. Good luck.

Steve

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom