Youth Any Bull vs Beaver Deer Tag

Sierra

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON May-28-14 AT 03:38PM (MST)[p]My buddy's son drew a youth any bull tag (sept 13 - 21) and a Beaver deer tag (oct 18- 26). Due to school commitments, he can only go on one hunt. Which would you recommend and why?

Here's some background that may influence your recommendation. He seems to be indifferent between elk and deer and is likely looking for a relatively good chance of killing a decent buck/bull. The son and dad are new to hunting in Utah, but do have experience hunting other states. Due to school and money factors, scouting will likely be limited to a day or two before the hunt. Not ideal, but it is what it is.

If your prefer, you can PM me your recommendation.

Thanks in advance of any responses.

He will never draw the early youth any bull hunt again. It's a one time deal. No brainer which hunt to do. Turn the deer tag back in and he'll draw it again in a year or two.

Dax

There is no such thing as a sure thing in trophy mule deer hunting.

There are relatively few youth elk tags spread out over a huge area and pressure should be very light. You can fight the crowds with a general deer tag anytime. I'm with Dax on this one, turn in the deer tag and get his points back and draw it again next year.

Plus the bulls will be screaming and rutting hard on the elk hunt.

>Thanks guys. Sounds like an
>easy decision.

It would be for me! Youth any bull....any day. Truly a once in a lifetime chance in Utah.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom