Youth Archery Unit 043-046

Jangle19

Longtime lurcher and my first thread. I drew a youth tag for 043-046 and I’m going to try archery. I was hopeful to get some advice as I’m a novice in general and I don’t know the 043-046 area. I was given some advice to start at Unionville. Open to any thoughts or advice. Thanks in advance!

Hi
My daughters drew this unit two years ago under a youth tag. We searched all over that mountain. Went up to star peak, thunder mountain that has a cool rock formation arch that you can see from Hwy 80. Saw tons of domestic sheep sign. Herders let them graze. Not much deer sign. We went to unionville. Talked to some locals who told us the loins have really populated the mountain and cat tags bring more revenue than deer for the local guides so predatory animals have taken its toll on deer and domestic sheep.

few local deer in and around unionville you might be able to hunt close to unionville homes just off one of the forest roads behind the town. Top of star Mt hike around the back side and glass. A youth took a decent buck back there opening morning.

we also hunted down low in lovelock. Just east of the river. South of the giant “L” on the mountain side. Deer come off the Ag fields and bed In the thick of the river bottoms and surrounding slews.

We ended up in Sonoma canyon bellow Sonoma peak. Nice camping for trailers at the beginning of the road by the creek. A few shade trees. Also a nice camping spot across the creek towards the end of the road. Moderate 4x4 to cross the creek. The creek had a ton of water.
Found deer down low that would filter from the valley into the smaller canyons gaining elevation and hide on the backsides and doge the shade. They moved back and forth morning and eve.
Best of luck on the hunt!!
I’ll be hunting lopes in this unit this year down by Mt Tobin. If I find something substantial I’ll let you know!

Hi
My daughters drew this unit two years ago under a youth tag. We searched all over that mountain. Went up to star peak, thunder mountain that has a cool rock formation arch that you can see from Hwy 80. Saw tons of domestic sheep sign. Herders let them graze. Not much deer sign. We went to unionville. Talked to some locals who told us the loins have really populated the mountain and cat tags bring more revenue than deer for the local guides so predatory animals have taken its toll on deer and domestic sheep.

few local deer in and around unionville you might be able to hunt close to unionville homes just off one of the forest roads behind the town. Top of star Mt hike around the back side and glass. A youth took a decent buck back there opening morning.

we also hunted down low in lovelock. Just east of the river. South of the giant “L” on the mountain side. Deer come off the Ag fields and bed In the thick of the river bottoms and surrounding slews.

We ended up in Sonoma canyon bellow Sonoma peak. Nice camping for trailers at the beginning of the road by the creek. A few shade trees. Also a nice camping spot across the creek towards the end of the road. Moderate 4x4 to cross the creek. The creek had a ton of water.
Found deer down low that would filter from the valley into the smaller canyons gaining elevation and hide on the backsides and doge the shade. They moved back and forth morning and eve.
Best of luck on the hunt!!
I’ll be hunting lopes in this unit this year down by Mt Tobin. If I find something substantial I’ll let you know!
Hello Simple man. Thanks so much for sharing your experience. We will definitely take this advice when going out this weekend. Much appreciated!

Took a shot at Unionville for the weekend. Found lots of does in the valley and a couple in the canyons but no bucks. Lots of other wildlife in the area. We are headed back out Labor Day weekend and were thinking of trying a different place in the units we had.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom