Youth ATV 125CC

nebo

Anyone have any experience on a non brand name ATV 125CC. I was wondering how they hold up. It won't be run hard and will be used in just flat country. I plan on getting one to get into some areas I have to walk too. It would be chain driven and is light so I can load and unload ease. I also have a small pickup and will fit good. What do you think?

I'd look for a Used Name Brand Wheeler!

Watch KSL & You'll find a decent machine for a decent Price!

Sorry,but that China Built Garbage is JUNK!

The Dew I had for Breakfast wasn't Bad so I had one more for Dessert!:D

I picked up a used (new condition) Chinese 125 quad for my young boys last year. Others told me not to... I'm telling you not to! No power, terrible gearing ratios, vibration cracks in plastic and steel bumper, headlight fell out, rear sprocket bolts fell out and stripped, leaking gas vaulve, replaced CDI, front shock broke in half, seat plastic broke, squirrely steering. And all this with very little use, dosen't get used much cause it down most the time.

Just from a power and gearing perspetive, any hill, and we all know there are no hills hunting out west, will have you wishing you'd have not bought it.

Please, please, please listen to me, don't buy one. If its the price point that's a concern, look for an older name brand quad.

+1 on go with a Japanese made wheeler. I bought a new chinese one in 04. I had to replace 4 intake manifolds. Seemed like every time the kids hit a bump the manifold would break. It idled like crap. Never could find a correct carburator set up to make it run like you expect. I ended up giving it away for $50 and was happy to see it go. Stick with Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki and you should be good. Even a mid eighties wheeler from these brands will way exceed the quality of a new chinese make.

+1
My wife bought a late 80's Honda 125? 2x4 to run around our cabin area. That little thing is a champ... but I would have bought a mid to late 90's Fourtrax 300 2wd because you can find them CHEAP and they're big enough for 2 adults to putt around on. I saw one the other day on KSL for about $600 or $900. They are truely bullet-proof and parts are still easy to find! I just replaced a fender skirt on my 98 4x4 Fourtrax.... in stock and had it the next day!
Lots of options for you to think about.
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom