Youth Cow Unit 11/211 3rd Season

Tupenator

Hey guys,

I've hunted back in these units for almost 20 years now but have never wanted something sooo bad. My 12 y/o son drew a Cow tag for 11/211 for the 3rd season. I've waited all these years for him to come of age and hunt big game with me and now the "tag gods" have shined upon him (he also drew a youth buck tag).

Elk hunting being what it is, nothing is ever a given. This is all he can talk about now. Does anyone have any suggestions for hooking up with a ranch or outfitter that is youth friendly in 11/211?

- Rich

tupenater
are you one of the guys that stay in the little house behind the maybell campground? I have hunted their for years also. I do know 3 guys from elk grove steve,guy and keith. try the cook ranch or maybe louisiana purchase ranch.

WHEN THE TAILGATE DROPS THE BULLSHIT STOPES

Hey Catchaser

That be me. We lost that house last year and now stay behind the firehouse on my dads property in a couple of wall tents. How do you know Keith and Guy? Guy and me grew up racing Sprints cars. My dad talks to Keith all the time. In fact, we are the ones that showed that area to them years ago when they came huntin with us. small world

Yea, I was planning on trying the Cook Ranch and Louisiana Purchase. Just wasn't too sure if they might give a kid a break on the cost. I know a few people back there and will ping them all to get my son on an Elk.

He's going to be loaded with a buck, bull and cow tags. Hope the California draw goes half as good. Told the wife that we're going to have to mortgage the house to pay for all of this.

- Rich

I know them from hunting in maybell. i am the guy who drives the camo flatbed 79 ford. i try to always camp in the corner by that house. guy and keith are good people that is for sure. you should be able to get a good shot at a cow up on the big mnt you guys hunt wont mention any names. see ya in the fall.

WHEN THE TAILGATE DROPS THE BULLSHIT STOPES

There aren't many big moutains in these units ;) I will be in there on the second season. I wish your son luck.

I know who you are. Yea, they are good people. We have had a lot of fun over the years :)

We'll give it our best shot this year on the big mound of dirt. Good luck and stop by if you're back there for the 3rd season.

Hey James_wvu,
Good luck to ya.

- Rich

Thanks Nick. I'm going to give him a call.

Hey Sageman,
Saw the pics from your Hog hunt...Nice job. Congrats!! I'm back in town this week from China again. I'll give you a call to talk B zone.

- Rich

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom