Youth Hunt Success, no bull on the ground

sled_guy

Nope, my boy Josh didn't get a bull, but we consider it a successful hunt anyway. We hunted hard... on the mountain 6 of the 9 days. We saw elk almost every day, saw bulls on each of those days but couldn't get a shot. He saw his first 2 bears ever, we saw moose, deer, speed goats and even big horn sheep. We met some great people, hunted with some good friends, and we got help from a couple of good guys here on MM that we really appreciated.

We listened to a lot of XM radio in camp, walked our butts off, laughed a LOT about "moobears" and crazy backpackers. We also ate some really good food and slept the best either of us have slept in a long time (I told Josh that if we were up at 5am every day and hiked 8-10 miles we would sleep like that all the time).

Best of all, I got to spend 6 days on the mountain with my son. The last night, Sunday, we called a loan cow in to us, she must have thought we were company as she was by herself. She came to within 45 yards of us and it was pretty fun.

On the way out after dark, as it was starting to rain a little, my boy said "Well I didn't get to shoot an elk but I sure have had a great time, thanks Dad".

That my friends, made it a very successful hunt.

sled_guy

"Thanks Dad" is a much sweeter sound than any nasty bull elk can make! Good on you both. You have decades of those same feeling to look forward to.

spending time like that will keep them on the right path in life. Nice going

Can we update this forum so posting with a
phone is easier?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom