Youth Hunts

sneeky

My son has decided he wants to shoot this year. Does anyone know the odds of the Youth buck permit and the Youth Any Bull permit? When do Northern Region buck tags sell out if he doesn't draw? I've been in the Dedicated Hunter program forever and haven't kept up on anything else. Thanks.
Todd

You'll have to enter him in the General Draw!

Leftover Tags are just about a thing of the past!

God is Great!
Life is Good!
And People are Crazy!
I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!
And a good BBQ!
I am Medicine And I am Poison!
What Voltage of Cordless Sawzall are you running & what's your quickest Drive-By at hackin the Horns off of RoadKills?

This Favorite Shhit is getting old already!

You also have to make sure you enter him in the general buck draw by himself
They set aside 20% of tags for the youth.They dont have a youth drawing so anyone under 18 years old that puts in by there self will go into the youth general draw automatically
As for the odds on the youth any bull I cant find theme anywhere on there web site but I would also like to know

ITS ALL ABOUT MEAT-IN WITH THE TAXIDERMIST

I'm also a youth and I have put in for the youth general bull for three years and still haven't drawn. The odds are 1 in 16.

I don't know the odds sneeky but I have put my daughters in for the youth buck tag every year and they have drawn without a problem. Now finding something to shoot after they draw is another story but getting a buck tag has never posed a problem yet. I haven't put them in for the elk tags so I'm not familiar. I do know that the NR odds on the youth tags are pretty dang good.

Have the Northern Region tags been getting all drawn or have there been left overs making it to the counter sales?

Buy him a turkey tag. They are over the counter and the youth get a few days to hunt before the adults start the general. My son loved it. It was a great first hunt because I could let him carry the gun while I watched the muzzle to make sure he was being safe.

I know you have to be 14 to put in for any of the LE hunts. My question is can you put in for the youth bull elk hunts as a 12 or 13 year old or is it considered LE hunt and you have to be 14 to put in for it. I have a 13 year old and would like to put him in for more then just the general hunt, Do I have any other options.

Jeff

12 for the general buck, bull, bear and cat. They can also put in for the youth early or late elk hunt. I think thats about it until they are 14. My 12 year old daughter got her first deer last year and this year I'm hoping for an elk and bear if she can draw.

Andy

respect my authorita

Where can I find some info on the youth bull elk hunt. I have tried to find it on the Utah DWR site and had no luck. I would like to read up on it so I could put my boy in for it.

Jeff

My daughter drew southern general buck as a 12 year old in 09. She did not draw the same tag in 10, so the youth tags are not a slam dunk. She will have one preference point this year going into the draw. She is really pumped and hopes she draws a tag. She shot her first buck 2 years ago in 09 and now she is hooked. I also know a 17 year old who has only drew the southern general buck tag one time, when he was 15, even those are getting tougher to come by.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom