Youth Oryx Hunting

wymoosehunter

I have to be one of the luckiest guys around. My wife and I drew OIL Oryx hunts last year on the Stallion Range and had a ball. Unfortunately, my wife did not connect on an oryx. She was really disappointed with her shooting, but still had a great time. This year at the local FNAWS banquet, we got lucky and won an oryx hunt that Turner Enterprises, Inc. (Armandaris Ranch) donated to FNAWS.
So, it looks like my wife is going hunting again for oryx and will hopefully score on an oryx. I got to thinking that my son, who will be 10 when we go, would absolutely go nuts if we were to surprise him with a hunt of his own. However, I was looking at the regulations and can not figure out the cost of a youth license. Does anybody know if they have a NR youth price for oryx off-range? Can a 10 year old hunt in NM if he/she has passed hunter's education?
Has any body hunted the Armandaris Ranch and the Stallion Range and that could tell me how they compare?
I am excited to get back to NM and hunt with my wife and possibly my son. However, the price of a NR tag @ $1600+ for my son would preclude him hunting this year.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom