Youth X9b advice

Dadof3boys

Greetings hunters. My name is Russ. First post. My 14 year old son griffin drew X9b this year. He’s so excited. He spent the summer saving his money to buy his own binoculars to go on this hunt he regularly asks me about it and when it is. I am so excited to get to tag along and hunt vicariously through my son. Does anyone have any experience with this hunt? I am looking for advice on how to hunt it? Any advice that shortens the learning curve and increases our odds for success would be greatly appreciated

D427B5B7-5526-4FC0-A2EB-37ADCCA78ADE.jpeg

Not an easy hunt, pretty low numbers of deer. I’d suggest doing some scouting before the season when the bucks are more active and easily spotted. Most deer will summer very high (10k plus) and migrate in late October through November down to the valleys. Some resident deer will be spread out across the range of elevation but will not be easy to find

Rugged. Get some good days training walking up hill with a pack on. Hope for October snow up high. Getting familiar with the dirt roads out there will help a lot as many washout and don’t get repaired( especially after that hurricane).

Greetings hunters. My name is Russ. First post. My 14 year old son griffin drew X9b this year. He’s so excited. He spent the summer saving his money to buy his own binoculars to go on this hunt he regularly asks me about it and when it is. I am so excited to get to tag along and hunt vicariously through my son. Does anyone have any experience with this hunt? I am looking for advice on how to hunt it? Any advice that shortens the learning curve and increases our odds for success would be greatly appreciated

View attachment 118274

I don’t know how I posted your pic. Was trying to figure out how to private message you. Has been awhile since I have posted or PMed. Other posters have mentioned that it can be a tough hunt, that is true. I will send you a PM

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom