You've got to be kidding me!!!!!

Can you say HECK NO!!!!!!

That is absoulutely absurd. That definately should be outlawed!!!! Shooting from a remote like that. What if some 5-year old kid who knows nothing about hunting were to get into that site and just start balsting away thinking it is just a game. Someone who doesn't understand shot placement and all the other responsibilities that go with hunting. What if a deer were merely wounded and ran off. How would you track and find that animal.

All of us as responsible hutners and outdoors people should be outraged at the thought.

This is the most absurd thing i have ever seen anyone come up with!! This is not "hunting", it's a G** D*** video game, at the sacrifice of real "live" animals, and it needs to be stopped before it really gets started. How in the h*** can you have, or teach real hunting ethics in the field when your not even really there! So if you wound one......now what do you do? This could get REALLY ugly.
Slamdunk

Imagine this, your secretary breaks you from a conference call because she got a toad insight. Now that is what you call rich mans hunting

Seeing as it will cost thousands of dollars to even sign up for it I doubt your average kid will be logging in and shooting things LOL.

But yea, I dont think its a bright idea... except unless it was guns mounted on a HUMVEE in Iraq... that would be kinda fun.

-DallanC

This BOZO was actually on the Today show on the 18th and Matt Lauer interviewed him on national TV. He said it's for people that just can't get out to hunt anymore and so on. Matt questioned this by hitting him at the angle that being out doors in the elements and nature was a huge part of the experience. He said that while that may be true it's really not much different than people hunting out of a highblind or tower in Texas. He told Matt that after the kill they take the head to the taxidermist and the meat to a processor and if they didn't want the meat it could be donated to 2 entities in Texas. The Texas hunter and outfitters assn is up in arms about this. Gee I wonder why! So now you can hunt from the comforts of home and make your kill while eating and watching the outdoor channel. We have taken the video game to the next level!! With real action shots on live game! This should just be great for hunting!

What they have done so far sounds like a trial baloon. I have been trying to get people who can do someting about this aware of the situation for about a year. Hopefully, the legislature will pass a law agasint this before they can actually do it.

And they are still a long way from doing it. They have a 330 acre ranch that they want to high fence and then import exotic animals (to get around hunting regs for whitetail and so they can hunt year round). What they would do, is go to the areas exotic animal sales and buy exotics on an ongoing basis, and release them on their property for shooting. So this would really be the equivalent of a remote "canned" hunt.

They have not fenced the property yet, and that takes time and a good bit of money, so hopefully this will never actually happen if the legislature will act.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

This is the most insane thing I have ever heard of. What ever happened to the experience of being outdoors?
MT

what was the name of that movie?.......!
Oh The Jackel... where Bruce Willis is an terrorist and was going to kill the presisdents wife from over a mile away with a
.500 bmg mounted in back of a van using a camera remote!!!
Right then I knew someday someone would do that!
rackmaster

Wow, just think how the Texas bourder patrol could put this Idea to good use. 10,000 camaras & one agent with a joy-stick.

It seems to me that us hunters have enough problems with the anti-hunting groups that we do not need to add fule to ther fire with things like this. I would hope that no one would be willing to sign up for such a thing. How does this outfit think it will make any money even if they can get past all the hurdles and get it set up? I can only imagine that the anti hunters will use this to try and stereotype all hunters in a very unfavorable light. I think all legit hunting groups need to make it clear they are against such foolishness. All hunters generally should do the same whenever they have the opportunity to do so. That is my 2 cents anyway.

I think it stinks. Hope TPWD and the legislature can nix it soon. May be illegal anyway since you need a hunting license to hunt anything even exotics.

Phantom Hunter

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom