zone 4 Antelope jr tag help??

R

RACKMASTER

Hay my son drew zone 4 Jr tag(guess his luck is changing) and just need pointers on where to start.... school starts so we have the weekend before and weekend after..
I have harvested stinky's before but never Lassen!
any help is appreciated!!
rm

Skool? Come on, RACKMASTER!! Where the heck are your priorities? Skool is not that emportint!! HaHa

Steve

Hey Rackmaster,

That's a great tag for your kid! My kid wasn't as lucky as yours, but she'll have three points next year.

The antelope are more spread out in that area than Likely Tables.
I would say your best bet would be the first big valley east of the Ramshorn BLM campground. It is just south of Observation Peak and Spanish Springs Ranch east of 395. The goats could be anywhere from Ramshorn to Painters Flat about 25 miles east on the Nevada border. I would concentrate your efforts about 6 or 8 miles in from 395.

You might also want to give Pete's Valley a look. Take Horse Lake Rd. to the west(about 2 miles south of Ravendale on 395). Go about 15 miles until you pass Horse Lake. Then take the road to Pete's Valley back to the east. You'll go over a ridge and drop into the valley. There is lots of water there compared to the rest of the Zone. I killed a nice one there about ten years ago.

I killed a big one a couple miles in on Horse Lake Rd about twenty years ago and my buddy killed a 14" about twenty minutes later while we were taking care of mine.

My Dad killed a nice one on a small section of BLM land up near Grasshopper Valley a few years ago

Good luck !

Here's the one from Horse Lake Rd. He's old and faded now!

48604174535c058d.jpg

Here's the one from Pete's Valley

486041dc559e31f1.jpg

I killed a nice one out of painters flat a few years back. Good area. Work towards the nevada border from their.

d13r, thats funny.

RACK, The info given is good. Those are great areas to start with. Since its the first season, I'd look those areas over the weekend before. I've got 2 friends that drew and are probably already looking. I'll PM their 4th/5th choices if they let me.

I'll be looking across the border for mine so I won't have time to look but expect a PM in about a month.

thanks everyone....even the smartass name comment about my son KEVIN jb! I have a ton of time....now TO FIND A FISHING SPOT!
I will be up w/out Kevin next thursday....then go fishing and set trail cam's out in X-1 around a guzzler I know about and fish medicine lake!
rack

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom