076 Archery Elk Help

972Elk

Good morning,

I drew an archery elk tag in 076 this year. I was hoping some could help me out with a few questions. Is there a detailed map of where the West Fork fire was last year? Is there a central location where I could put a trailer? Would it be crazy to archery hunt during the muzzleloader season? And of course, any photographs of the units or animals taken from the unit.

Thanks for the help,

Jim

Killed a nice 6x6 in 76 the first week of archery last year. The fire didn't burn much of that unit, considering 76 is huge! The elk are not everywhere as you might think with a draw unit but there are plenty to hunt once you find a pocket or two that they are in. Lots of places to camp, just depends on where you want to hunt.

4824image.jpg

5522image.jpg

JRABQ-Thank you Sir...That's exactly what I was looking for....I really appreciate it...

cmbbulldog-Thanks for the response...I found the photos that Rocketman took...All I can say is wow!!

drewskinator-Thanks for the response...Great bull..How many days did you hunt? Did you backpack in or were you camped near a road and do day trips?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom