1, 2B, 2C late elk

SanJuan

I got lucky and drew the this tag with four points, one of which is a hunter's ed point. I am looking for any info that may be relevant to this hunt. I would be willing to share info on easy to draw CO hunts for quality bucks.

How do things look after the fire? I've heard the feed is doing great. Will the dry spring we are having affect antler growth. Will the new growth pull the bulls off the reservation?

What caliber of bulls should I expect to see. I am in good shape and will show up with good glass. I am fully prepared to hunt every day of season and go home empty handed if I can't find a bull that I like.

I would like to scout at least twice. I live in SW CO, it is only a 7 hour drive for me. I was thinking Nov. 1st-4th and 22nd-25th, that way I can scout right before season but have a few days to rest before opening day so I don't end up burnt out.

Are the 2s worth hunting? Looks like no man's land on Google Earth.

PMs welcome. Thanks in advance.

The mountains, not the hills.

After the fire unit 1 is a whole new unit! No telling what is going to happen! I suspect its gonna be Great! Lots of great grass in the burns and loaded with elk! Its a lot more glassing and rifle friendly in those areas now too!

Lance Crowther
www.tlohunting.com

Unit 27 which is just south of unit 1 was a great elk hunt last year and was hit very hard by the fire as well. It IMO made the hunt easier as glassing was a very useful tool in alot of areas where it was impossible before. The areas around big lake and cresent lake are very good and the vegetation is doing really well as far as food. Good Luck on your hunt!!

And the great thing is you will have lots and lots of people there with you at big lake! Should be a great time.
T

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom