12 A late east or west sucess?

U

utaz

Just wondering if anyone is already back from the late hunt? Was there any good rutting going on or is it still not cold enough up there? Any pics of any success would be nice to see as well.

thanks Utaz

LAST EDITED ON Nov-25-09 AT 01:46AM (MST)[p]I just got home from that hunt.

Kinda had an "oops" deal. but still a nice buck.

Hunter glassed up the buck chasing a doe on Monday morning and said, "Big buck, I'm gonna take him" and took off running. I was glassing in another area so I didn't see him initially.

When I saw where his wife was looking I dialed in and sure enough here was this 4 X 3 going hard after his lady friend.

Hunter was 50 yards in front of me and when the buck headed up the hill he made a great one shot kill at 175 on the running, rutting buck.

Didn't see anything larger than a tall, heavy 27" 4 X 4 (saw him earlier that morning, but hunter took a stroll down the ridge alone).

Saw 16 bucks on Friday, none on Saturday (high winds all day) 8 on Sunday and this buck was the fifth one we had seen on Monday morning by about 8:30 a.m.

I just wonder what we MIGHT have run into had we stayed the full 10 days...

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

4b0cee402ba10114.jpg

P.S. This buck's ears were 25" inches from tip to tip!

LAST EDITED ON Nov-25-09 AT 02:00AM (MST)[p]Here is another view of this lop eared old buck..

We named his "Romeo" as he was hard after it, and when the hunter shot him, the doe came back looking for him. Hope he passed on his genes before he ran into the 180 grain E-tip..

Don Martin
AWO

Any one drop by Duwane Adams camp to see if they killed any good bucks? Just wondering how his late hunt went.

Got a picture from my brother last week out of Duwanes camp. Only 18 inside but grossed in the 190s. Alot of sticker points.

We were hunting on the west side, and down low. Many were hunting in the transition stuff and doing well.

Went back up on Saturday a.m. to help a nice guy just shoot a buck. I got him to pass on the first 7 bucks we saw, but at sundown, he whacked #8, his first mulie ever. It was not a boomer but he was one happy guy. G&F said it was 5 1/2 years old, I thought it was 2 1/2..Guy said to me something like, "Now I got the monkey off my back."

Rut still wasn't going on, saw a few does groups of 5-8 does with NO bucks! Moving that hunt back a week really sucked, IMO..

OK, tot to load the truck, up am heading to sheep camp at 0600.

Don Martin
AWO

Stan, that is a toad. Great job, tell me your story. Congratulations on a great buck....... Thanks, Allen Taylor......

Great bucks. We could not turn up a deer in the lower country so we concentrated most our efforts the last 6 days on top. Saw several grouops of does alone but the bucks we did see were rutting. Only 1 good buck seen. All the rest were smaller.

That's my personal buck. The hunt was a little tougher than normal this year. I watched him for a while in the spotter and rifle scope. I'm glad I didn't let him walk, I'm very pleased with him.

You said you watched him in the spotter for a while, hope the only thing going through your head was how you were gonna kill him. Super buck expecialy for this year.

Rick:

We've looked at 26 rams total, best one was 163 that Kip Fataleh's hunter shot last Friday after we passed on it, not once but TWICE!

My guy is looking for a wide flaring ram, doesn't care about score..going back out at 6 a.m., give it hell for another day.

Don Martin
AWO

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom