2 great deer in 2 years

alpinebowman

LAST EDITED ON Aug-22-06 AT 02:48PM (MST)[p]Well I fought the crowds on the front and came away with a dandy 4-point with some nice little eye. He certainly isn't the biggest buck on the hill but I am not a deer snob yet so I was going to take the first big 3-point or decent 4-point that got in the way. Well this one did and he paid for it. He scores about 153 gross and 147 net green scores. he is just under 27 inches wide on the outside. The best part of the hunt was that my great wife and brother were there with me when I got him. I was even happier they were there to help me pack him out the 3.5 miles.

red_kjo_06_buck1.jpg

red_kjo_06_buck4.jpg

red_kjo_06_buck5.jpg

Great buck. You might want to check your math, he looks bigger than that. Congratulations!

I agree

Hey Alpinebowman, are you leaving out your inside spread measurement? That would put him up in the 160's where I'd say he scores. That buck looks bigger than a 140 buck to me.

Great buck!

RE: I agree

hats a great buck! I agree, you seem to be off by at least 10", but hten again pics are hard to judge from.

shelbyson I dont think I missed it. I measured the inside spread of the main beams and it was 19.5 inches was all. and his longest main beam was only 18.25 inches. but then again I am no official measurer so I will be having him measured after 60 days so I will no then.

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

All I have to say is how much would you charge for your guiding service =)

what a stud congradulations

Well,
Since you are already tagged out, I would hate for you to have to just sit inside all fall so I will offer to let you take me to your muley hot spot! I know, I'm all heart.

Congrats on the buck and last years buck. Does your area have enough in it for a 3-peat?

Rut

Congrats Ken! What a dandy!

Looks like all your work this summer paid off :)

Cheers,
Pete

Real nice buck , congrats.Nice camo too, is that the new picnic megablend?lol
Tells us how he got in the way , can't just show us a nice buck and expect us to stay quite, fill us in...Again congrats on a nice buck...

LAST EDITED ON Aug-23-06 AT 01:00AM (MST)[p]Nice buck....bucks like that are hard to come by with a bow.
CONGRATS

P.S. It seems like we are only getting half the story. It says TWO great deer. I want pics of the other one. Quit holding out on us.

Kenny o scores again. Nice job man. Now you just need to shoot another good bull and not have anyone else claim it. Did you ever end up shooting another bull last year?

Andy

Great Buck! Really gets me excited for my highcountry archery hunt!

"What I could do, I was doing, and that was simply putting my butt on the line for my country, the country that I loved, so that all the protestors and the academics and the liberal intelligentsia back home could enjoy the right to protest against people like me, the hated middleclass." --Gary R. Smith, US Special Forces

Great Buck, And the best part of the pictures is... You are smiling too many pictures of people after the kill are trying to look tough for the camera!!! Great Job

John

thanks for all of the congrats. I know I am, burning my kills to fast I am sure I am headed for a 10 or 20 year dry spell.

I know the pics are kind of funny in my outfit but my camera was back at camp so when I got my pack and camera I changed clothes so I would stay a little cleaner. I hunt in predator camo, I was using the spring green.

I actually shot him at 4:00 in the afternoon right in his bed. I was just splitting up from my wif and my brother when I came to the top of what I thought was a shelf turned out to be a little gully, and right in the bottom he was bedded down in the open. I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought he had heard something because I saw his head turn a little when I came over the top so I quickly got an arrow ready and pulled out the trusty nikon rangefinder and peaked over the top. He was still looking directly away from me. I ranged him at 36 yards with a 15 degree slope. I set my pin on 35 settled it on his shoulder and let it fly. I watched my arrow bury right into him as he tore out of his bed. at the same time a good three point also exploded out from behind a pine tree. I didn't even see him until then. the three point stopped about 50 yards out of his bed and watch for a couple of seconds before he tore off again.

After the chaos My wife and brother came up to where I shot him and I knew he was already dead. A complete passthrough with a tremendous amount of blood to follow. So we waited 20 agonizing minutes then started down the trail. A short 70 yards later I had my deer.

And here is a picture of last years deer. he ended up scoring 161 and some change for the books. and it is the same camo I was using this year.

2005_buck4_red.jpg

alpinebowman

>>>---shots that are true pass right through--->

LAST EDITED ON Aug-23-06 AT 10:49AM (MST)[p]

That is great. You've had awesome success. Congrats! This years deer does look a little bigger than the score you indicated. I would have thought about 158-160 ish but pictures can be deceiving.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom