2011 Bison draw

BenHuntn

LAST EDITED ON May-13-11 AT 05:09PM (MST)[p]Is 111 reachable for a cow bison? I do not remember how many they harvest for cow's. I am a Wyoming resident.

Yes, BenHuntin, #111 will get you a tag! My son was #201 & the F&G office in Jackson said he will be getting his orientation packet in July.

Best of luck to you!

>How many NR Bull Permits do
>they usually go through?

I think it was about 30 NR permits and 120 R permits last year on bulls. I am sitting just outside the box with #33 NR. I did read where some folks don't buy the permits for whatever reason, most all residents though. I've seen some conflicting posts about this.

LAST EDITED ON May-14-11 AT 05:35AM (MST)[p]Non-ressy bull licenses sold (according to harvest reports):

09 - 22 bull tags
08 - 21
07 - 17

There were 80 bull licenses total in 2010 (not sure what the res/non-res split was).

Forgot to add: If you want to know if you'll be in the running for a tag, call the Jackson G&F office.

I had the bull tag last year my number was 19. They gave 38 resident tags last year. It was a great hunt. One of the best hunting experiences of my life. I shot my bull on forest with my bow and didn't do the whole refuge thing. I could have shot twelve bulls (including the one I killed) with a rifle, all on forest. Great hunt I wish I could do it again.

Feduptwo, I'd like to know where you hunted in the forest. I'm not really too excited about hunting in the refuge. If it's not too much trouble send me a PM. I took a bull in Idaho with my bow and would like to bow hunt the cow.

These numbers don't seem to add up. The article claims WYG&F offered 80 total bull permits last year, 71 of which hunters bought. Feduptwo mentions there were 38 resident permits issued last year. That would mean there were 71-38=33 NR permits? Seems too high a % for NR's. I question this because I drew NR bull #33 this year.

I called the WGFD Jackson office this morning. The lady told me there are 24 nonres. bull tags this year. I didn't ask her about res. tags. I am #23 nonres. so it looks like I'm good to go!

I too was under the impression that they weren't giving out that many tags, so I called G&F in Jackson. The super nice lady there told me that they were issuing out 96 bull tags for residents. I didn't ask about NR tags, but I saw where 338 posted that NR's are being issued 24 tags. That makes sense with the 75%/25% splits. I am so jacked about going buffalo hunting. My dad and I tried for along time when I was growing up in MT to draw one of the tags at the north end of the park and have been putting in a long time here in Wyo. When I called him and told him that I drew #49, he was more excited than I was. As it stands now, I will get to hunt with my dad and my son and it will mean even more. My wife is mad at me as she drew #37 7-8 years ago and did not get a hunt, but I told her she is invited as long as she packs out meat :).
WyMo

LAST EDITED ON May-17-11 AT 06:40PM (MST)[p]Im number 26 nonresident so it looks like I just missed the cut!

ismith,
You might still be in the game. If someone under you doesnt buy the tag your next on the list. You never know with the economy, ga prices, ect.

Muleyczy

Yes might be possbible. I did read in some article, last year 9 residents turned down there tags, but no nonresidents.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom